Saturday, July 12, 2014

More than 250,000 Unique Visitors of NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG since March 3, 2008

-
-


















-








Norval Morrisseau/Copper Thunderbird (1931-2007)
~ Illustration by Spirit Walker ~


Hi to all,


I would like to thank you all for your contribution to this NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG. It is proving to be an exciting success as I have always anticipated it would be. The subject is dynamic and evolving to say the least.

The Norval Morrisseau Blog is an educational initiative dedicated to the promotion of one of Canada’s most renowned Aboriginal artists and creation of a digital archive to honour the legacy of his life’s work.

We have published more than 2,100 posts, thousands of pictures, hundreds of documents (e.g. accredited professional Forensic Document Examiner's reports), related to the art of Norval Morrisseau, so that people around the world who regularly view our blog - museum curators, archivists, fine art collectors, academics, educators, and admirers of fine art - can have a better understanding and appreciation of the long career and singular achievements of this landmark Canadian artist, who was hailed as a “genius” at the very first exhibition he ever held at The Pollock Gallery in September 1962.

Norval was also the most prolific artist in world history, having produced well over 10,000 original artworks. We dedicate this blog to the loyal Norval Morrisseau collectors around the world who represent a legion of collectors outnumbering more than any other leading artist. We are thankful for the tremendous support our educational blog has garnered from countless Morrisseau fans around the world.

We will not be deterred from our single-minded effort to continue to publish the information of the artistic record of this phenomenal Canadian artist.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker
/spiritwalker2008@gmail.com/

-
-
-
--

>>> Beware of Norval Morrisseau on FACEBOOK (Part II)

 read -
WARNING! ~ FACEBOOK page maintained by Mr. Ritchie Sinclair who is discredited in a pivotal court case relevant to authenticity of Norval Morrisseau artworks




























Screen capture from FACEBOOK; be very cautious if proceeding @
https://www.facebook.com/norval.morrisseau


>>> IMPORTANT: See below to read about this pivotal court case relevant to the authenticity of Norval Morrisseau artworks. This critical information was "conveniently avoided" by Mr. Ritchie Sinclair who is a creator and administrator of Norval Morrisseau's page on FACEBOOK as it worked against his own agenda of continuing devaluation of genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings, especially those artworks signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique.

If you pay attention to this page's friends list you will see that Mr. Ritchie Sinclair is not just the administrator but is ironically "his own best friend." Click HERE for the screen capture showing Mr. Sinclair amongst other Norval Morrisseau's Facebook friends.  

Mr. Sinclair is an individual whose alleged "efforts to identify Norval’s true artistic legacy" are recognized by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries ["AN EXAMINATION INTO THE AUTHENTICITY OF AN ALLEGED 1970'S NORVAL MORRISSEAU PAINTING" - EXPERT REPORT; September 10th, 2009; Page 74].

* - Both, Donald Robinson and Ritchie Sinclair were discredited on all counts by the Deputy Judge Paul J Martial and his ruling backed up by the Honourable Mary Anne Sanderson of the Supreme Court of Justice - Ontario. 

NOTE: This content has been republished as a matter of significant public interest

Presented below is Justice Mary Anne Sanderson’s written judgment for the 'Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway' appeal:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CITATION: Hatfield v. Child, 2013 ONSC 7801
DIVISIONAL COURT FILE NO. 209/13
DATE: 2013-12-17

ONTARIO
SUPERIOR COURT OF JUSTICE
Divisional Court

BETWEEN: MARGARET HATFIELD Plaintiff/Appellant
AND: DONNA CHILD and ARTWORLD INC. doing business as ARTWORLD OF SHERWAY, Defendants/Respondents

BEFORE: M.A. SANDERSON J.

COUNSEL: Jonathan J. Sommer for the Plaintiff/Appellant
                    Brian G. Shiller for the Defendants/Respondents 

E N D O R S E M E N T

Introduction

[1] This is an appeal by the appellant Hatfield from the decision of the Honourable Deputy Judge Paul Martial of the Toronto Small Claims Court (“the trial Judge”) dated March 25, 2013.

[2] Hatfield, the plaintiff below, alleged in her action that the Respondents/Defendants (“the Defendants”) had sold her a painting attributed to the artist Norval Morrisseau (“Morrisseau”) that was a fake.

[3] The trial Judge ruled after a five day trial that Wheel of Life ("the painting”) is an authentic Morrisseau and dismissed her claim.

Background Facts

[4] On February 26, 2005, Hatfield purchased Wheel of Life from the Defendant ArtWorld of Sherway for $10,350.

[5] In April of 2009 Hatfield learned that on September 24, 2004, the artist had signed a Statutory Declaration denouncing as fakes a number of paintings, including Wheel of Life.

[6] Assuming mistakenly that the gallery director of ArtWorld, Donna Child (”Child”) had been aware of the Statutory Declaration at the time she had sold Wheel of Life to her, she contacted Ritchie Sinclair (”Sinclair”).

[7] Hatfield did not contact Bremner and/or Mcleod, the authors of the two documents the Defendants had provided to her at the time of her purchase, purporting to authenticate and appraise Wheel of Life. The trial Judge found "essentially she relied on Robinson and Sinclair.
The Trial

[8] Counsel for Hatfield called three witnesses to give evidence at trial: Hatfield, Donald Robinson (“Robinson”) and Sinclair.

[9] Counsel for the Defendants called seven witnesses: Child, McLeod, Wilfred Morrisseau, Dr. Singla, Cott and Goring.

The Appeal

[10] In argument on the appeal, counsel for the Appellant challenged the trial Judge’s finding of fact and his legal conclusions.

Submissions on Errors of Fact

[11] At trial, the trial Judge sorted through much conflicting evidence.

[12] Counsel for Hatfield submitted that the trial Judge acted unfairly in accepting the evidence of the Defendants and rejecting the evidence of the Plaintiff.

[13] In my view there was ample evidence to support the trial Judge's finding that Morrisseau signed the back of Wheel of Life in black paint.

[14] Dr Singla provided a detailed report attesting to the authenticity of Morrisseau’s signature on the back of Wheel of Life.

[15] In reaching his conclusion, it was open to the trial Judge to prefer the evidence of Dr Singla, an independent expert with a PHD in Forensic Science, a diploma in document examination and 30 years' experience in handwriting analysis, that it was highly probable that it was Morrisseau's signature on the back of Wheel of Life, over the evidence of Robinson that Morrisseau almost never [signed his signature in English with brush and black paint]: "Not to my knowledge have I ever seen it."

[16] Counsel for Hatfield submitted the trial Judge acted unfairly and contrary to his own earlier ruling when he ruled that Robinson had no expertise in handwriting and that that ruling deprived Hatfield of the benefit of any expert evidence on the point. I disagree. The trial Judge did consider Robinson’s evidence that Morrisseau did not sign his works in black paint but he preferred the evidence of Dr Singla, as he was entitled to do. In reaching his conclusion on Morrisseau's signature, he also relied on the evidence of fact witnesses Wilfred Morrisseau and Marlowe Goring, who said they had personally witnessed Morrisseau signing the backs of his works in black paint. He was entitled to accept that evidence on that point.

[17] The trial Judge was entitled to consider that in 1990 Robinson had personally purchased 28 Morrisseau paintings, believing they were genuine.

[18] Similarly, the trial Judge was entitled to reject the evidence of Sinclair and to conclude it was unsupported and unreliable. Sinclair could produce no documentary evidence to support his assertion that a well organized forgery ring painted the works auctioned by Khan Auctions.

[19] The trial Judge noted Sinclair gave evidence that he did not view the original paintings before condemning them as fakes.

[20] The trial Judge was entitled to consider and accept the evidence of Cott, an independent witness with no stake in the litigation, when rejecting the evidence of Sinclair.

[21] Therefore, I do not accept the submission of counsel for Hatfield that the trial Judge simply rejected the evidence of the Plaintiff in a wholesale manner.

[22] Further, in my view it was open to the trial Judge on the evidence to have “significant doubt” as to its reliability of Morrisseau’s September 24, 2004 Statutory Declaration. It was open to the trial Judge not to place any weight on the letter from Morrisseau's doctor commenting on his health at the time he signed the Statutory Declaration. The authenticity of the doctor's letter was challenged at trial. Counsel for Hatfield did not call the doctor to give evidence at trial.

[23] There was evidence that Morrisseau painted more than 10,000 paintings over a career spanning more than 40 years and that Morrisseau struggled with chronic alcoholism and drug addiction over many years.

[24] Robinson gave evidence he had observed Morrisseau himself having difficulty telling whether or not his own painting was a fake.

[25] It was open to the trial Judge to accept White’s evidence that he had researched 3 statutory declarations signed by Morrisseau and had concluded they were inconsistent with each other. Robinson had also agreed that Morrisseau was somewhat inconsistent in his identification of fakes. There was also evidence from Robinson, a witness called by counsel for Hatfield, that from 2003-2006 Morrisseau's health was poor. He agreed Morrisseau could have had memory problems.

[26] McLeod was called to defend his appraisal of Wheel of Life. It was open to the trial Judge to find on the evidence before him that McLeod was an authority on Morrisseau and his work, having dealt with his art for over 50 years, that Mcleod was a credible witness and that the Defendants had acted reasonably in relying upon McLeod’s appraisal of Wheel of Life at the time it was offered for sale to Hatfield.

[27] Before he signed the appraisal, McLeod had conducted an independent review, including speaking with members of Morrisseau’s family, and had satisfied himself that Wheel of Life was genuine. He and White had had a forensic expert check the signature on the back. He had tracked Morrisseau to find out where he had been in February 1979 when Wheel of Life was painted.

[28] While I accept the submission of counsel for Hatfield that the trial Judge did not specifically mention the affidavit of Michele Vadas [who did not give evidence at trial], I find it was open to him to prefer the evidence of Dr. Singla, Wilfred Morrisseau and Goring over her evidence.

[29] While I accept the submission of counsel for Hatfield that at the beginning of his Reasons, the trial Judge erred in referring to Morrisseau having Altzheimer's, it is clear that he corrected his mistake later in his Reasons and repeatedly referred to Morrisseau’s health condition as Parkinson’s disease. While I accept that he may have also confused the evidence as to whether Robinson and McLeod were members of the Art Dealers of Canada, I am satisfied that neither inaccuracy affected his overall conclusions.

[30] The law is clear that factual findings of a trial Judge should not be overturned on appeal in the absence of palpable and overriding errors. Housen v Mikolaisen, [2002] S.C.R. 33.

[31] In my view, the trial Judge made no palpable and overriding error in his findings of fact.

Submissions on Errors of Law

[32] Counsel for the Appellant submitted that the trial Judge based his decision upon non-existent or inadmissible hearsay evidence.

[33] In considering this submission, I have noted that this is a Small Claims Court action. Section 27 of the Courts of Justice Act permits documentary and oral hearsay evidence in Small Claims Court trials. That said, I accept the submission of counsel for Hatfield that the Small Claims Court rule must be applied fairly and even handedly. Having reviewed the evidence and the findings forming the subject of his complaint, I have concluded that the trial Judge made no reversible legal error. I have noted generally that some evidence was given about documents that were not entered into evidence. At the same time, that evidence could have formed the basis for objections and cross-examination. In most instances, counsel did not object to the admission of the evidence about which he now complains.

[34] Having reviewed that evidence, I have concluded that the trial Judge did not place much weight on it in any event.

[35] Counsel for Hatfield also submitted the trial Judge relied on evidence that could only have been given by a qualified expert.

[36] I have rejected his submission that the trial Judge was precluded from relying on the evidence of Wilfred Morrisseau on the basis that he gave evidence that only an expert should have been allowed to give. In my view, he was a fact witness who could give important evidence based on his own personal observations. The trial Judge emphasized that evidence in his Reasons, not his evidence on matters arguably properly only within the purview of an expert witness.

[37] Counsel for Hatfield submitted the trial Judge also relied on evidence of McLeod that should only have been given by a qualified expert. I note that McLeod was called as a fact witness because he had prepared an appraisal that had been provided to Hatfield at the time of her purchase of Wheel of Life. His experience and knowledge of Morrisseau's work was relevant to the determination of the reasonableness of the Defendants' actions at the time of the sale. While McLeod did give evidence on the authenticity of Wheel of Life, I am satisfied that the critical evidence on which the trial Judge based his conclusion that Wheel of Life was authentic was the evidence of Dr. Singla [with whose expertise he was satisfied] and the two fact witnesses Wilfred Morrisseau and Goring. As noted earlier, on the properly admissible evidence, he was entitled to reach the conclusions he did and to reject the evidence of Robinson.

[38] The Appellant submitted that the trial Judge failed to provide adequate reasons.

[39] I disagree. He ordered a transcript and reviewed over 750 pages of evidence. He reviewed the exhibits, considered detailed written submissions of counsel and wrote 38 pages of Reasons that in my view sufficiently explained why he reached the conclusions that he did. He outlined why he had concluded (1) that Morrisseau had signed paintings in black acrylic paint; (2) that Morrisseaus’s Statutory Declaration was unreliable; and (3) that the Defendants had acted reasonably at the time of the sale. His reasons permitted effective review. Clifford v Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System 2009 ONCA 670 (CanLII), (2009) 98 O.R. (3d) 210 O.C.A. para 29.

[40] The Appellant submitted the trial Judge erred in law in failing to canvass the law related to cloud on title. In my view that was unnecessary in light of his factual finding that Wheel of Life was authentic. In any event, no authority was provided equating cloud on title with latent defect.

[41] Counsel for Hatfield submitted that despite the finding of authenticity, the trial judgment may not guarantee that the value of Wheel of Life would not have been affected by the existence of the Statutory Declaration about which the Defendants failed to advise Hatfield before she purchased Wheel of Life.

[42] On the evidence, at the time the Defendants sold Wheel of Life to Hatfield they were not aware of the existence of the Statutory Declaration dated September 24, 2004. Despite the information the Defendants did have at the time of the sale, there was evidence to support the trial Judge's finding that the Defendants acted reasonably at the time of the sale. There was no error of law in that regard and that ground of appeal must also fail.

[43] In summary, while the trial Judge made some minor errors of fact, he had a sufficient basis to reach the factual conclusions he did. He made no reversible error of law.

Disposition

[44] The appeal is therefore dismissed, with costs fixed at $7500. 

___________________
M.A. SANDERSON J.
 

- -




~ Funded by Canada’s lawyers and notaries for the benefit of all, CanLII provides free access to legal information 


            /Complete Original Downloadable Document/

                


              /Complete Original Downloadable Document/

                 



Note: "The Hatfield case was unique in that it represented the first time a Morrisseau authentication joust had proceeded through a complete trial – it required five hearings spanning about two and a half years and resulting in 750 pages of published evidence – and ended with a judicial ruling." ~ 'The Globe and Mail'
Additional notes:

Jonathan Sommer's court case (representing Mr. Kevin Hearn) which came with false allegations about Mr. Joseph McLeod's integrity as a Norval Morrisseau expert: Maslak McLeod Gallery sued for selling a genuine Norval Morrisseau painting to Kevin Hearn - Band member of the Barenaked Ladies.

~ Another Jonathan Sommer's court case (representing Mr. John McDermott) which also came with false allegations about Mr. Joseph McLeod's integrity as a Norval Morrisseau expert:- written by James Adams: Maslak McLeod Gallery sued for selling genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings to a Scottish-Canadian tenor John McDermott.

"NONE OF ALLEGATIONS FROM THE STATEMENTS OF CLAIM BY MR. KEVIN HEARN AND MR. McDERMOTT HAVE BEEN PROVEN IN COURT"


>>> REFERENCE POSTS (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED):
- Beware of Norval Morrisseau on FACEBOOK (Part I) - CTV News provides platform to Mr. Ritchie Sinclair for his continuous malicious behaviour towards the Legacy of Norval Morrisseau (Part I), - CTV News provides platform to Mr. Ritchie Sinclair for his continuous malicious behaviour towards the Legacy of Norval Morrisseau (Part II)- Forensic Document Examination (Part I), - Signatures on Norval Morrisseau artworks certified by Forensic Science- 'A Fabulous Merry Christmas Greeting for Norval & All Canadians from Madam Justice Mary Anne Sanderson', - The Jonathan Sommer's appeal on behalf of the Plaintiff in Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway has failed on December 17th, 2013... (Part I)- The Jonathan Sommer's appeal on behalf of the Plaintiff in Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway has failed on December 17th, 2013... (Part II)The Jonathan Sommer's appeal on behalf of the Plaintiff in Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway has failed on December 17th, 2013... (Part III), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part I), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part II), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part III), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part IV), - Morrisseau's artwork in Auction Houses, Commercial Art Galleries & Museums Around the World, - Genuine Morrisseau paintings: Appraised, Authenticated and Forensically Analyzed... /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/ - Experts in Norval Morrisseau's Art (Part I) /Ref.: Mr. Joseph McLeod/ - Norval Morrisseau authenticating his artworks /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/, - Endorsement by Thunder Bay Art Gallery of genuine Morrisseau paintings from 1970's /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/, - Authenticity Statement by Mr. Goyce Kakegamic /'In regards to Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings acquired from Collections of Mr. Rolf Schneiders and Mr. Gary Lamont/, - Statutory Declaration by Mr. Robert Scott, /' Witnessing Norval Morrisseau signing the paintings with a dry brush (DB) technique'/, - Statutory Declaration by Mr. Deiter John Voss, /' Witnessing Norval Morrisseau signing the paintings with a dry brush (DB) technique'/ - Hatfield, Margaret Lorraine vs. Child, Donna and Artworld of Sherway (Part IV) & - Pivotal Court Case Relevant to Authenticity of Norval Morrisseau Artworks.

~ As per decision of the SUPREME COURT OF CANADA (December 22, 2009), journalists and other media, including bloggers, will be protected from lawsuits if they diligently try to verify information on matters that are in the public interest (click HERE for more information and/or check NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG's DISCLAIMER @ the bottom of this page ). ~  

Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Information" Kinsman Robinson Galleries didn't want you to know about... COMING SOON!


Kinsman Robinson Galleries vs. Ugo Matulic /CV-10-417123/
-













© 1970s Norval Morrisseau
~ Genuine Norval Morrisseau painting purchased at Kahn Auctions by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries
-


The far reaching implications if Kinsman Robinson Galleries had silenced my voice would have been felt for decades. This court case Kinsman Robinson Galleries vs. Ugo Matulic, together with Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway, enhanced the value of not only Norval Morrisseau's but the future of all First Nations art as well. 

The Plaintiffs (Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Donald Robinson and Paul Robinson) demanded from the court the following:

"(d) an order requiring the Defendant to publish a clear and unreserved retraction on the Blog, as defined below, in respect of the Defamatory Words in a fashion that is at least as prominent as the Defamatory Words that appeard on the Blog;"

"(e) an order the Defendant to delete or destroy all electronic and physical copies of the articles containing the Defamatory Words;"

"(f) an order requiring the Defendant to provide the Plaintiffs with the identity of any person or corporation that hosts, publishes, republishes or posts links to the Defamatory Words, including the identity of the Defendant's internet service provider ("ISP");"

"(g) an order requiring the Defendant to send written requests to any person or corporation that hosts, publishes, republishes or posts links to the Defamatory Words, including Defendant's ISP;"

/Source: KINSMAN ROBINSON GALLERIES, DONALD ROBINSON and PAUL ROBINSON vs. UGO MATULIC (CV-10-417123) "Statement of Claim"; Pages: 10 & 11 - PDF/


BLOG MASTER'S COMMENT: I very successfully succeeded in defending this frivolous SLAPP suit and I will continue pursuing our mission of seeking justice for Norval Morrisseau and his art, which is a vital aspect of Canada’s heritage.

IMPORTANT NOTES: I was in the process of submitting a long list of documents they would be required to produce that they have hidden from public scrutiny for the last 13 years. And they knew that is what they would have to reveal. Also financial documents, which actually show their profits went up from the Hoax, and not down from my revelations.

The Plaintiffs (Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Donald Robinson and Paul Robinson) signed the Full and Final Release dropping all charges against me as soon as the judgement by Judge Paul J. Martial in Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway was announced.

In this court case the Plaintiff (Donald Robinson) was stripped of most of the claims he has ever made as a Morrisseau expert and authenticator of Norval Morrisseau's artworks. Judge Paul J. Martial rejected his so-called "expert report”, his analysis, his conclusions, and his abilities as Morellian analyst and a handwriting expert (click HERE for more info).




--------------------------------------------------------------

The following are excerpts from Ugo Matulic's Statement of Defence (KINSMAN ROBINSON GALLERIES, DONALD ROBINSON and PAUL ROBINSON vs. UGO MATULIC; CV-10-417123) filed in Ontario Superior Court of Justice on September 22nd, 2011: 

"The Plaintiffs have actively and deliberately taken action to corner the market in paintings by Norval Morrisseau. They are using their own position, as a former Morrisseau dealer, to inflate the value of their own holdings of Norval Morrisseau's paintings, and deflate the value of paintings held by Matulic, other Morrisseau collectors and art galleries all across Canada, by falsely claiming that many genuine Morrisseaus are forgeries, especially those signed on the back by the artist in black paint using drybrush (DB) technique. However several of these paintings have been positively confirmed for the signature authenticity by three independent forensic document examiners from Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary." (Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 4, Page 2)

"The Plaintiffs along with other individuals have attacked Matulic's personal and professional reputation in an attempt to devalue paintings from Matulic's personal collection calling them forgeries and abominations."(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 5, Page 2)

"Since Matulic created his blog, the plaintiffs have been provoking and disparaging a very large number of pieces of Norval Morrisseau artwork not sold through or by the Kinsman Robinson Gallery, in a concerted effort to corner the public market in Norval Morrisseau's artwork owned by Matulic and others. The plaintiffs' smear campaign is directed in devaluing and stigmatizing the authentic artwork of the late Norval Morrisseau who passed away in 2007."
(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 3, Page 2) 

"All of the blog postings written by Matulic contain statements that are factually accurate or contain statements of opinion based upon accurate facts."
(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 7, Page 3)


"Matulic commenced his Blog almost four years ago following false statements made publicly by the Plaintiffs and other individuals who were closely associated with the Plaintiffs regarding the authenticity of many Norval Morrisseau's paintings which these individuals called 'questionable', 'fakes', 'forgeries', 'abominations' and other defamatory attributes. Matulic felt the need to create a platform that would speak for Norval Morrisseau when this privilege to speak for himself was put in the hands of others who were only interested in their personal financial gain all the while putting the Legacy of Norval Morrisseau aside." (Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 10, Page 4)

"Freedom of expression is guaranteed by s. 2 (b) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (the "Charter"). It is essential to the proper functioning of the institutions of a democratic form of governance, including the institutions of the courts, the judiciary and an independent professional bar. The law should encourage and permit freewheeling debate in good faith on matters of public interest. The law should not be used to thwart such freewheeling debate by an overtly solicitous attempt to protect a private corporation such as one owned by the plaintiffs. The Matulic postings at issue in this action, demonstrate the vital importance of such a free-wheeling debate. In the particular circumstances of this case, the postings should benefit from constitutional immunity."
(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 15, Page 6)

"There are more than 40 galleries and various auction houses and museums across North America which have exhibited authentic Norval Morrisseau's artwork which the Plaintiffs consider fakes and they are in support of individuals who collectively deflated the value of paintings held by Matulic and other Norval Morrisseau collectors all across Canada, by falsely claiming that many genuine Norval Morrisseau's are fakes."
(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 18, Page 7) 

"The Plaintiffs' concerted campaign of online terror in the form of libel chill is a transparent attempt to monopolize the privileged sale of the Norval Morrisseau's artwork and to silence any of their critics."
(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 19, Page 7)

"Contrary to the Plaintiffs' assertions, Mr. Joseph McLeod of Maslak McLeod Gallery, the other most prominent expert in Norval Morrisseau's art considers the paintings in question to be authentic."
(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 21, Page 8)

"Matulic specifically denies the allegation in the ASOC paragraph 5 that he was actuated by bad faith in "publishing/broadcasting" the words complained of in the ASOC subparagraph 5. Matulic honestly believed his words to be true and posted them in good faith and without malice and without gross negligence."(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 24, Page 9)

"Matulic therefore submits that this action constitutes an abuse of process and has been commenced with the vexatious attempt to deter Matulic from expressing his opinions, and as such, this is a strategic lawsuit against public participation intended to interfere with Matulic's right to freedom of expression."(Statement of Defence, Sept. 21st, 2011; ¶ 28, Page 10)

--------------------------------------------------------------
-
~ Reference material:
1. Defendant's Statement of Defence [PDF]
2.
Plaintiff's Notice of Action & Statement of Claim [PDF]

-

>>> On December 22, 2009 the Supreme Court of Canada has released a very significant decision which affects all media news reporting companies and bloggers in Canada:

"Journalists and other media, including bloggers, will be protected from lawsuits if they diligently try to verify information on matters that are in the public interest." 

"These rulings have caused a fundamental change in Canada’s defamation law. While journalists, bloggers and others do not have free reign to impugn the reputations of others, the notions of free speech and freedom of expression have been broadened to ensure a more vigorous debate of political and other issues that are clearly important to society."
-

... for more information click HERE and/or HERE.


->>> REFERENCE POSTS (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED):
- Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part I), - Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part II), - Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part III), - Law Tips for Bloggers (Part III) /SLAPP Suits/, - Ugo Matulić's response to Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Donald C. Robinson & Paul C. H. Robinson, - Ugo Matulić's response to yet another "Notice of Libel" by Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Kinsman Robinson Galleries threatens SLAPP suit against Ugo Matulić for $ 1 Million (Part I) & - Grant v. Torstar and the defence of responsible communication: implications for bloggers and users of other online media.
-

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

> Brief Summary of Mr. Ritchie Sinclair's vile behaviours towards the Norval Morrisseau Legacy... (December 2007 to December 2013)


> Mr. Sinclair is not interested at all in protecting Norval Morrisseau's legacy as he continues to ignore the conclusive findings of the three top internationally recognized Forensic Document Examiners and Handwriting Experts from Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary

Ritchie Sinclair - @ CBC's 'Four Rooms', April 2014

















>>> This is a brief introduction of an individual who single-handedly caused the greatest harm to the Norval Morrisseau Art Market and whose name is infamously connected with the Legacy of Norval Morrisseau - recently supported by Donald C. Robinson in a court case Otavnik Vs Sinclair (Court File No. SC 09-00082782-0000) and served, together with Donald C. Robinson, as the plaintiff's only witnesses in a court case Hatfield, Margaret Lorraine vs. Child, Donna and Artworld of Sherway * (Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000)...

Note: Both of these paintings which were involved in these two court cases had been proven authentic Norval Morrisseau artworks by forensic science on August 24th, 2010/May 27th, 2011 & December 19th, 2011 (click HERE).  

... This is a story about an individual whose alleged "efforts to identify Norval’s true artistic legacy" are recognized by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries ["AN EXAMINATION INTO THE AUTHENTICITY OF AN ALLEGED 1970'S NORVAL MORRISSEAU PAINTING" - EXPERT REPORT; September 10th, 2009; Page 74].


* - Both, Donald Robinson and Ritchie Sinclair were discredited in this pivotal court case relevant to authenticity of Norval Morrisseau artworks (click HERE).


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> In a court judgement Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway /Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000/ Judge Paul J. Martial stated the following:


"The Court finds that there is overwhelming evidence that Norval Morrisseau signed paintings in black brush paint.” (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 34)

"His (Ritchie Sinclair's) methodology in identifying forgeries is clearly inadequate and suspect since he testified that he does not even view the original paintings before condemning them as fakes." (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 16)

~ Additionally, in the appeal for this court case Madame Justice Mary Anne Sanderson ruled the following:
 

"Similarly, the trial Judge was entitled to reject the evidence of Sinclair and to conclude it was unsupported and unreliable. Sinclair could produce no documentary evidence to support his assertions that a well organized forgery ring painted the works auctioned by Kahn Auctions." (Ruling by Madame Justice Mary Anne Sanderson: December 17th, 2013 - [18] Page 3)

NOTES:
 
1. "The Hatfield case was unique in that it represented the first time a Morrisseau authentication joust had proceeded through a complete trial – it required five hearings spanning about two and a half years and resulting in 750 pages of published evidence – and ended with a judicial ruling." ~ 'The Globe and Mail'

2. Genuine Norval Morrisseau painting involved in this court case was also acquired from Randy Potter Estate Auctions and appraised by Mr. Joseph McLeod.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ Below presented materiel has been previously posted:
   Originally published on January 12th, 2011 & June 12th, 2011.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Incompetent Behaviour No. 1-
Approving the paintings presented on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG, for almost ten months, and then calling them "Inferoir Counterfeit Morrisseaus": -

-
-


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


--
--
"Norval Morrisseau Collage" - compiled by Spirit Walker
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
>>> The above 30 images of original Norval Morrisseau artworks appeared on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG (see 'Blog Archive') prior Ritchie Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer e-mailed to the Blog Master the following statement on December 23, 2007:
-
"Hello Spirit Walker I have watched your blog grow and glow! It's a classy piece of work. As you may know, Norval expects Brian and I to launch the "exoteric" Copper Thunderbird School of Shamanistic Arts now. One of the great new manifestations of "organic art" is Mastership of Internet thoughtways. Impeccable adornment of a tool converts it into a Talisman, whether a pouch or a website. Good work! We hope to launch the Thunderbird School both with a community website and a meeting centre in Toronto by the next full moon. Your website is my favourite Morrisseau website for many reasons. I will be putting up our site at shamanisticarts.com. It will be modeled along similar lines to my experimental sports community/matchup site recently built at sportspirit.com. I have envisioned a possibility where you and I could harmonize forces to facilitate the 'Morrisseau' movement as a whole, and in a general sense. We both appear to share a healthy respect for Spirit and for The People's voice. For now, I just wanted to touch base with you.
-
Where do you live?-
-
Ritchie Toronto
-
416-968-2838"-
-
~ Click HERE for screen capture or the above e-mailed statement
-
/This e-mail communication was previously presented on this blog as The chronology of Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's belligerent activities from 11/22/2007 to present - Item No. 2/

>>> Less than 10 months later (on October 13, 2008) at his www.morrisseau.com Ritchie Sinclair would label 24 paintings out of 30 (click HERE) as 'Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus'!? My action followed as presented in the "Blog Master's Public Address V"-
-
---
Incompetent Behaviour No. 2
Calling authentic Norval Morrisseau's paintings "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces", for more than three years, and then calling them "Inferoir Counterfeit Morrisseaus": -


--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Medicine and Power Places", © 1978 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/ -

--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Medicine and Power Places", © 1978 Norval Morrisseau
- Inscription on the reverse side
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
The painting presented in this posting titled "Medicine and Power Places" (1978) by Norval Morrisseau was sold on eBay in 2005 (eBay seller id: tootired) and appeared on Ritchie Sinclair's website www.stardreamers.com in "Woodland Art Online" Gallery under the category: "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" and stayed there for more than three years. The Online Gallery in question has been deleted by it's author but traces of their existance can still be found as presented below.
-
NOTE: Blog Master of the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG has also purchased one of the paintings from the collection of the same eBay member (id: tootired). Click HERE to see the painting purchased in May 2001 (item #: 1430330848) and click HERE for the record of the 03-JUN-2001 feedback by Blog Master (id: spirit_walker2008) who purchased the painting in question. Bryant Ross who is director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove, BC suggested to me that I contact Mr. Joseph McLeod of Maslak McLeod Gallery in Toronto, Ontario to have this and seven other paintings, authenticated or appraised because Norval Morrisseau was busy and that he could not accommodate my request when I contacted him in 2001 (click HERE for more information about communication between Bryant Ross and Blog Master).
-
If you go to the "Search" page of Ritchie Sinclair's website (Click HERE) and if you search for the word "masterpieces" you will find that painting titled "Medicine and Power Places" (1978) has been presented in the "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" Gallery since September 1st, 2005 (see screen capture below). You may also reach the search page by clicking on "About" at www.stardreamers.com and go to the bottom of the page by choosing the "Search" option.
-
--
-
-
-
-


--
Screen capture from www.stardreamers.com proving the existance of the "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" Gallery and painting in question
/Click on image for larger view of this screen capture/ -
The same painting titled "Medicine and Power Places" (1978) has been presented at www.morrisseau.com in Category titled "Countrfeit Norval Morrisseau Art" since October 2008.

Click HERE to view the posting on Richie Sinclair's website or see screen capture below.
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

--
-
-

Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com proving the existance of the "Countrfeit Norval Morrisseau Art" Gallery (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
-
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair has deactivated 'Search' page for his website www.stardreamers.com shortly after this posting took place (16-FEB-2009). The capture of my finding(s) which can still be seen by clicking on the image presented in this posting proves one thing only. That Mr. Sinclair is well aware of his 'hypocritical and lying past activities' which have come to the fore in real time 'cought red-handed' as it were in trying to cover up his scheme of 'Norval Morrisseau Art Market Devaluation Attack' but was unsuccessful at deleting critical and damning evidence supporting his slanderous activities.
-
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Seven hours after this posting took place Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair has cleaned up the database for his website www.stardreamers.com and traces of my finding(s) cannot be found anymore. Click HERE & HERE to see the difference 'before' and 'after' database clean up of the www.stardreamers.com by it's author. If you pay attention to details you will notice that 'Search' page found only one item for the word "masterpieces" for 'after database clean up' - dated February 16th, 2009 - the same day this posting was published which proves that database clean up has occured as stated.
-
Also, Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair after cleaning up the database of his website www.stardreamers.com linked 'Search' database with www.morrisseau.com, www.woodlandgold.com & www.sevenfires.com and all you find by 'searching' www.stardreamers.com will lead you to www.morrisseau.com or other website(s) that he is maintaining and every search item will have the same date in 'Search' database - February 16th, 2009.
 

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--


"Thunderbird with Hatchlings", © 1976 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/



The painting presented in this posting titled "Thunderbird with Hatchlings" (1976) by Norval Morrisseau is another one that appeared on Ritchie Sinclair's website www.stardreamers.com in "Woodland Art Online" Gallery under the category: "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" and stayed there for more than three years.
-
Presented below is a screen capture of the "Search" page of Ritchie Sinclair's website (Click HERE) where you could by searching for the word "masterpieces" find that painting titled "Thunderbird with Hatchlings" (1976) had been presented in the "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" Gallery since September 1st, 2005.
-
The same information cannot be found at www.stardreamers.com anymore due to deletion of the "Woodland Art Online" Gallery by webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair as explained in "Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part I)".
-
--
-
-
-
-


--
Screen capture from www.stardreamers.com proving the existance of the "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" Gallery and painting in question /Click on image for larger view of this screen capture/ -
The same painting titled "Thunderbird with Hatchlings" (1976) has been presented at www.morrisseau.com as an "Inferior Countrfeit Morrisseau" since October 2008.

--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

--
-
-

Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (20-APR-2009) of the painting titled "Thunderbird with Hatchlings", 1976 (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!) /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the same painting titled "Thunderbird with Hatchlings" (1976) the Government of Canada was interested for its reproduction to be displayed at the Lake Superior Provincial Park. Click HERE (see page 4) to view .pdf file of the Norval Morrisseau's sworn declaration where he stated "Thunderbird with Hatchlings" (1976) to be a fake and/or an imitation. The painting in question was exhibited at Gallery Sunami of North York, Ontario. -- This and other Norval Morrisseau's sworn affidavits is just a manipulation of Gabor (Gabe) Vadas by which he tried unsuccessfully to take control over the Norval Morrisseau's secondary art market by discrediting large body of work done by Norval Morrisseau (Click HERE).
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-



1. Acrylic painting on canvas, © 1970s Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


2. Acrylic painting on canvas, © 1970s Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

3. Acrylic painting on canvas, © 1970s Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
The paintings presented above are examples of Norval Morrisseau's original art that appeared on Ritchie Sinclair's website www.stardreamers.com in "Woodland Art Online" Gallery under the category: "Norval Morrisseau - Masterpieces" and stayed there for more than three years.

The same information cannot be found at www.stardreamers.com anymore due to deletion of the "Woodland Art Online" Gallery by its webmaster as explained in "Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part I)".
-
Presented below are screen captures of the same paintings that Ritchie Sinclair's on his website labeled as "Inferior Countrfeit Morrisseaus" since October 2008. -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-


Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (21-AUGUST-2009) of the painting No. 1./c. 1970s (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (WWW.MORRISSEAU.COM HAS BEEN PART OF THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" IN ONTARIO SUPERIOR COURT) /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
NOTE: This painting was at one time part of the private collection of an art dealer Mr. Anthony Martinenko (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and it was acquired directly from Mr. Rolf Schneider private collection (Thunder Bay, Ontario). -

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (21-AUGUST-2009) of the painting No. 2./c. 1970s (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (WWW.MORRISSEAU.COM HAS BEEN PART OF THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" IN ONTARIO SUPERIOR COURT) /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (21-AUGUST-2009) of the painting No. 3./c. 1970s (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (WWW.MORRISSEAU.COM HAS BEEN PART OF THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" IN ONTARIO SUPERIOR COURT) /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
The above painting is very similar to 'Water Spirits', 1979 (see 'Incompetent Behaviour No. 7') which was authenticated by Norval Morrisseau in 2005 (click HERE) and offered for sale at the Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery and initially posted on this blog on 24-DEC-2007. For this post the comment was placed by Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair stating: "And a beautiful Morrisseau it is - so embued with Vision!" (Click HERE to read the comment in it's original context and/or click HERE to see side-by-side comparison of both of these images and/or click HERE to see side-by-side comparison of these two paintings how they compare with another painting pictured together with Norval Morrisseau on Manitoulin Island in 1999).
-
BLOG MASTER'S COMMENT: After starting the 'Norval Morrisseau Art Market Devaluation Attack' Mr. Sinclair added the following disclaimer note at the end of each of the pages on his website www.stardreamers.com in "Woodland Art Online" Gallery:
-
"The images posted in this archive are not for sale. They are simply pictures that I collected from various internet art sources years ago and posted here for inspiration and enjoyment. With the exception of paintings that I witnissed painted or Exhibited by Morrisseau I have no way of discerning whether the images shown here are all authentic Morrisseau originals. Nevertheless, Enjoy!"
-
... Still, even after admitting that 'he has no way of discerning what is and what is not an original work by Norval Morrisseau except those he witnessed painted or Exhibited by Norval Morrisseau' he was able to label hundreds of paintings in galleries all across the North America and private collections as "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" without even seeing them and examining them in person (see his website www.morrisseau.com under the category "Counterfeit Norval Morrisseau Art").
-
... Also, Mr. Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair stated in his disclaimer that he posted said images 'for inspiration and enjoyment' and after three years of exhibiting them on www.stardreamers.com he claimed on his other website www.morrisseau.com the following: - "I stand by my opinions on the artwork that I have pointed to as forged. I don't blame any gallery for selling them but I consider it their responsibility to be as informed as possible about the work they promote. Once informed if they continue to sell forged artwork they join the Windigo spirit that drives this enterprise." (Click HERE to read Mr. Sinclair's comment in it's entirety)
-

Incompetent Behaviour No. 3
Calling an authentic Norval Morrisseau's painting "Forged Morrisseau", for more than four months, and then calling it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau": - -
 -
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-

"Shaman", 52"x45", © 1980s Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
- The above Norval Morrisseau's painting has been presented at Toronto's Maslak McLeod Gallery in their online Exhibition Catalogue since 2006 (Click HERE ).
-
- >>> Approximately four months ago the following had been presented on Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclar's website (this text originally published 20-MAR-2009): -


-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com when Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair posted the image of an authentic painting by Norval Morrisseau titled "Shaman" and calling it "Forged Morrisseau"
/Click on image to Enlarge/-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (19-MAR-2009) of the same painting titled "Shaman" (Click HERE) when he called it this time an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!) /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
Note: Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair as clearly presented herein claimed that painting presented on the Maslak McLeod Gallery's website was 'Forged Morrisseau' just at a later date claiming it to be an 'Authentic Norval Morrisseau'!?-

-
>>> Notice that in the first screen capture a member who posted the image was "blackmagic" - Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair and in the second screen capture a member was "Norval" - Norval Morrisseau who passed away on December 4th, 2007!? This one and many other members' names presented on www.morrisseau.com are examples of stolen identities that Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair is using disrespectfully & without permission and at the same time he is claiming to be a Norval Morrisseau protege who honours him and his legacy!? -
-
-
Incompetent Behaviour No. 4-
Calling an authentic Norval Morrisseau's print as an "Inferior Print", 24 days later calling it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" and presenting them both for more than five months on www.morrisseau.com until they were deleted by its webmaster:

/Revisions in RED is due to Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's activities that occured within 24 hours of the original posting of the content presented below/
 
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-



"Ojibway Medicine Man", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau
~ Sikscreen, Edition of 98; paper size: 30"x25"; image size: 25"x20"
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
The above Norval Morrisseau's limited edition print (silkscreen) has been presented at Mr. Frank Kortstee's Seventh Generation Gallery website.

/Click HERE & Go to: Artists > Norval Morrisseau > Available Art >/

>>> Last night (12-APR-2009) the following was presented on Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclar's website www.morrisseau.com:

- -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=145
-
Screen capture of the silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" from www.morrisseau.com (12-APR-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Print #3"
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1448
-
Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" from www.morrisseau.com (12-APR-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it this time an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" painting /Click on image to Enlarge/ -

>>> Less than 10 minutes since I screen captured another Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's deception (see above) he deleted this critical and damning evidence from www.morrisseau.com as presented in the screen captures below:
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-

Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=145
-
The Screen capture above (12-APR-2009) once showed a silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" when webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Print #3"
/Click on image to Enlarge/ -

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- -

Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1448
-
The Screen capture above (12-APR-2009) once showed a silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" when webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" painting
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-

Even Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair deleted a critical and damning evidence from website's database I was able to save the images of a silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" as presented below.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/media/images/sharingImages/145.jpg
-
The file above is of the silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" once posted on www.morrisseau.com (12-APR-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Print #3" /Click on image to Enlarge/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/media/images/sharingImages/1448.jpg

The file above is of the silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" posted on www.morrisseau.com (12-APR-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" painting /Click on image to Enlarge/

BLOG MASTER'S COMMENTS:
-
> It is evident as presented herein that Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair labelled a silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" as an "Inferior Print #3" only to call it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" painting 24 days later. Even more interesting is that both of them ("Inferior Print #3" & "Authentic Norval Morrisseau") were presented on www.morrisseau.com for more than five months until they were deleted last night by its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair.
-
> Also, last night Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair deleted from his website www.morrisseau.com several authorized Norval Morrisseau's limited edition prints he called "Inferior Prints" that have been presented at Mr. Frank Kortstee's Seventh Generation Gallery website.
-
> Besides information presented on this blog there are large number of files on www.morrisseau.com that have been also modified by its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair in order to delete a critical evidence that could have been used in Ontario Superior Court case "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828".

Examples of modified files from www.morrisseau.com are as listed:
-
- http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=124,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=125,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=199,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=200,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=202,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=205,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=220,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=221,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=222,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=223,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=224,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=225,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=226,
- http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=700,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1003,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1004,
- http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1010,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1021,
-
http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=1030...

* The limited edition print (silkscreen) presented above: "Ojibway Medicine Man"; Edition of 98; paper size: 30"x25"; image size: 25"x20"; © 1975 Norval Morrisseau-
-

Incompetent Behaviour No. 5
Calling authentic Norval Morrisseau's paintings which were copyrighted by Norval Morrisseau and Kinsman Robinson Galleries as "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" /published in "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention", 1997/:
-
* Originally published on 01-APR-2009; Revised on 16-DEC-2009 (see red text)
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-




"Shaman's Astral Journey in a Dream State" (Detail),
© 1995 Norval Morrisseau - "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"
© 1997 by Norval Morrisseau/Kinsman Robinson Galleries
Key Porter Books Limited, ISBN: 1-55013-880-4/

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-- -
-



Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same book cover (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/-


>>> Approximately a year ago someone has posted on eBay for sale several pages from the book "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention" showing images of genuine Norval Morrisseau's paintings (see eBay's watermark on the bottom right corner of the each of the images captured from Ritchie Sinclar's website: www.morrisseau.com)...

- ... The following are 'expert' opinions of Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclar regarding the paintings from the above mentioned book:


- -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

Image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting presented in the "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"; page 25 /© 1996 Norval Morrisseau/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same painting (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting presented in the "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"; page 97 /© 1968 Norval Morrisseau/
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same painting (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting presented in the "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"; page 103 /© 1970 Norval Morrisseau/

/Currently part of the Collection of Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, University of Oklahoma, Norman, USA - Gift of Dr. and Mrs. R. E. Mansfield, 2003; The Bridgeman Art Library; Image: FJJ 256488 - click HERE/
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- -
-
-
-
-


Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same painting (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting presented in the "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"; page 109 /© 1979 Norval Morrisseau/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same painting (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting presented in the "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"; page 111 /© 1980 Norval Morrisseau/
-
/Currently part of the Collection of the National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI); Formerly in the collection of R.E. Mansfield (1937-2007), donated to NMAI in 2003; Catalog number: 26/4096/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same painting (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfit Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/ -

-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting presented in the "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention"; page 113 /© 1981 Norval Morrisseau/
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-



Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (30-MAR-2009) of the same painting (Click HERE) when its webmaster Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For other paintings in museums and galleries across North America and labeled "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" by Ritchie R. Sinclair follow the below stated links:
-
- Morrisseau History Detective Stories (Part VII),
-
Morrisseau History Detective Stories (Part VIII),
-
Morrisseau History Detective Stories (Part IX),
-
Morrisseau History Detective Stories (Part X) &
-
Morrisseau History Detective Stories (Part XI).

BLOG MASTER'S COMMENTS: A while ago John MacGregor Newman, associate director of Kinsman Robinson Galleries* (KRG) interviewed Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair and three excerpts from that interview had been presented at genuinemorrisseau.blogspot.com and since then they have been deleted by the KRG blog editors (blog deleted on June 26, 2009 & reinstated on August 06, 2009 but this time open to invited readers only and NOW it is active with all content deleted, directing readers to their twitter address at http://twitter.com/KinsmanRobinson). -


The interview excerpts were posted as follows:-

- 'In conversation with Ritchie Sinclair' on 09/06/2008 (click HERE for screen capture of the posting and all pertaining comments),

- 'Questionable works' on 10/14/2008 (click HERE for screen capture of the posting and all pertaining comments) &

- 'Apprenticeship v. fraud (revisited)' on 10/28/2008 (click HERE for screen capture of the posting and all pertaining comments).
-
Note: These interview excerpts could still be viewed in 'Video Gallery' of Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's website at www.morrisseau.com.
-
The reason for this action on behalf of the Kinsman Robinson Galleries can be found in the posting 'Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part VII)' exposing Ritchie Sinclair for posting five paintings by Norval Morrisseau as 'Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau's' on his slanderous website www.morrisseau.com. These five paintings were from the book "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention" (1997) which was copyrighted by Norval Morrisseau and Kinsman Robinson Galleries themselves. KRG has unknowingly sponsored this individual to their detriment.
-
I was quite surprised when I saw the posting "Memorable moments with Norval" (04/04/2009) from the KRG blog where it was shown that in September 1997, Norval Morrisseau made a trip to the Kinsman Robinson Galleries to attend the book launch for "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention" (1997) where he met, together with Gabor (Gabe) Vadas, Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair and even had a supper with Donald Robinson's family. (click HERE to view unedited version of the "Memorable moments with Norval" and corresponding comments including the comment of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair" which has also been deleted by the KRG blog editors).
 
It is clear as presented herein that Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair is labelling proven authentic Norval Morrisseau paintings as "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" and it shows one more time that his opinion cannot be trusted.

If Mr. Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair truly believes that the above posted paintings are "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" I am inviting him to express his opinions via the platform of the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG and explanations of his opinions will be posted uncensored (HE HAS NEVER RESPONDED TO THIS INVITATION TO DATE).
-
Source: Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part VII) & Where in the KRG World is Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair?. -  
x
Incompetent Behaviour No. 6 -
Calling certified limited edition prints by Norval Morrisseau as "Inferior Prints" and after being  'cought red-handed' he deletes all traces of his malicious behaviour:








>>> The below genuine Norval Morrisseau's limited edition prints (silkscreens) have been presented at Seventh Generation Gallery website, maintained by Mr. Frank Kortstee*:

/Click HERE & Go to: Artists > Norval Morrisseau >/

* a blog master of the Catalogue Raisonné For The Limited Editions /The Scientific Blog Project/


1)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


--
"Great Circle", Silkscreen (Edition of 85), © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
Size: 38x28.5 cm (paper); 29x19 cm (image)
Printer: Triple K Cooperative, Inc.

/Click on image to Enlarge/


-
--





















Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=143

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Great Circle" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer called it "Inferior Print #1" 

Tags: two fish and bird in green

/Click on image to Enlarge/


2)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Attention", Silkscreen (Edition of 54), © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
Size: 28.5x38.3 cm (paper); 17x27 cm (image)
Printer: Triple K Cooperative, Inc.

/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
--























Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=144  

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Attention" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer called it "Inferior Print #2" 

Tags: forgeries imitations inferior brown and yellow bird

/Click on image to Enlarge/


3)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


--
"Ojibway Medicine Man", Silkscreen (Edition of 98), © 1975 Norval Morrisseau
Size: 73.1x60.9 cm (paper); 63x50 cm (image)
Printer: Great Grasslands Graphics

/Click on image to Enlarge/
























Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=145  

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer called it "Inferior Print #3" 

Tags: forgeries imitations inferior - shaman image

/Click on image to Enlarge/

NOTE:  It is important to mention that this silkscreen titled "Ojibway Medicine Man" which was labeled as an "Inferior Print #3" by Ritchie R. Sinclair was called an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" painting only 24 days later. Even more peculiar is that both of them ("Inferior Print #3" & "Authentic Norval Morrisseau") were presented on www.morrisseau.com for more than five months until they were deleted on April 12th, 2009 by its webmaster.

~ For detailed explanation visit previously exhibited post: Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part IX).


4)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Bear Cycle Around The Sun", Silkscreen (Edition of 50-55; estimation based on similar work), © 1975 -1979 Norval Morrisseau
~ This is number 2 of 4 "Artist Proof's" (AP # II / IV)
Size: 45x54 cm (frame); 21x27 cm (image)
Printer: Triple K Cooperative, Inc.

/Click on image to Enlarge/


-
--





















Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=148  

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Bear Cycle Around The Sun" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer called it "Inferior Print #6" 

Tags: forgeries imitations inferior bear fish bird sun

/Click on image to Enlarge/

-
5)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


-


--



"The Image Of David On The Astral Plane", Silkscreen (Edition of 160), © 1978 -1984 Norval Morrisseau
Size: 90.8x40.8 cm (paper); 80.3x31.7 cm (image)
Printer: Unknown

/Click on image to Enlarge/


-
--






















Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=150  

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "The Image Of David On The Astral Plane" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer called it "Inferior Print #7" 

Tags: forgeries imitations shaman

/Click on image to Enlarge/


6)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Joy Riding", Silkscreen (Edition of 79), © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
Size: 31.5x44.5 cm (paper); 21.5x33 cm (image)
Printer: Triple K Cooperative, Inc.

/Click on image to Enlarge/


-
--





















Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=153

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Joy Riding" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer it "Inferior Print #8" 

Tags: forgeries imitations inferior man bird two fish sun

/Click on image to Enlarge/


7)


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Images of Nature", Silkscreen (Edition of 90), © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
Size: 28x38 cm (paper); 18x26.5 cm (image)
Printer: Triple K Cooperative, Inc.

/Click on image to Enlarge/


-
--




















Original file located @ http://www.morrisseau.com/viewPhoto.php?fileID=155  

Screen capture of the same silkscreen titled "Images of Nature" from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) when its webmaster Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer called it "Inferior Print #8" 

Tags: forgeries imitations inferior bear two fish bird green

/Click on image to Enlarge/


>>> The above presented genuine Norval Morrisseau's limited edition prints, labeled as "Inferior Prints" by Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer, were exhibited for more than six months at www.morrisseau.com (accessible by clicking HERE) until they were deleted by its webmaster on April 12th, 2009.

~ Click on the links below each of the screen captures to verify deletion of the content presented above

Incompetent Behaviour No. 7
Calling an authentic painting by prominent Woodland artist Richard Bedwash as an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" painting:
 
/Originally published on 10-APR-2009; Revisions in RED is due to Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's activities that occured within 24 hours of the original posting of the content presented below/
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- -
-

-
-

-



"Loon Catching Fish", 20"x26", © Richard Bedwash
~ Serigraph, Edition: 110 /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Screen capture of the serigraph by Richard Bedwash titled 'Loon Catching Fish' from the ARTWEST website (click HERE - image not shown anymore). The same image can be found on 'Google' (Click HERE). /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
NOTE: One of these prints is in Blog Master's collection and it will be used as evidence in a court of law if necessary.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (10-APR-2009) of the same serigraph by Richard Bedwash (Click HERE) when Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau" (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!)
/Click on image to Enlarge/-
-

NOTE: The same serigraph by Richard Bedwash was posted on the blog http://honouringnorvalmorrisseau.blogspot.com/ which was suspended in October 2008 (Click HERE ) or you could still find it on Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's website at link below: http://www.morrisseau.com/media/images/sharingImages/1453.jpg.
- BLOG MASTER'S COMMENTS: It is clear as presented herein that Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair is labelling the proven authentic art piece of Richard Bedwash as an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau".
-
This shows again that his opinion cannot be trusted. It also proves his website www.morrisseau.com to be a disservice to Norval Morrisseau, his legacy and the people of Canada.

The following is the screen capture from www.morrisseau.com on 11-APR-2009 of the same page where the serigraph by Richard Bedwash was presented (Click HERE) when Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair called it an "Authentic Norval Morrisseau".

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-

-
-

/Click on image to Enlarge or click HERE/
- * The serigraph presented in this post: © Richard Bedwash
-
-
Incompetent Behaviour No. 8-
Calling paintings authenticated by Norval Morrisseau at www.coghlanart.com as "Inferoir Counterfeit Morrisseaus":
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


"Storyteller", 20"x16", © 1982 Norval Morrisseau
> Originally sold at Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in 2003
/Offered for sale on eBay in 2008/
-
>>> The above artwork is an original painting by Norval Morrisseau which was sold as such at Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in 2003. This information is confirmed per conversation with Mr. Bryant Ross, who is the gallery director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery, and Spirit Walker on 'Skype' in 2008. Also confirmed per Spirit Walker's conversation with a collector who purchased the painting 'Storyteller' from the Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in 2003 and offered it for sale on eBay in 2008.
-
It is interesting that Mr. Bryant Ross considers 'questionable' works as qenerally dark and ugly and that you do not need to be an expert to pick out these 'abominations' (the adjective Norval Morrisseau used for them**). He also states that they do not show the colour palette of a master painter like Norval Morrisseau and at his website www.coghlanart.com (go to the 'The Morrisseau Chronicles' > 'Question of Authenticity') he directs readers to visit www.morrrisseau.com for comparison between 'questionable' and authentic works of Norval Morrisseau.
-
** - according to Mr. Bryant Ross' statement-
--
--

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- -
-
-

Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (25-FEB-2009) of an original painting by Norval Morrisseau titled "Storyteller" sold by the Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in 2003 and labeled "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" - by the opinion of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair in 2008; or click HERE (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!) - * The painting presented above: "Storyteller", 20"x16", © 1982 Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/-
-
- On 22-NOV-2007 the following had been presented on this blog:
-
-
Another painting that was for sale...
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


---
-




"Water Spirts", acrylic on canvas, 54" x 46", © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/

-

-
...on the COGHLAN ART Studio & Gallery website a few years ago and at later date labelled as fake. I had contacted Mr.Bryant Ross who is the gallery director of Coghlan Art Studio/Gallery upon reading on his website the following statement: "We are looking for authentic Morrisseau paintings to add to our inventory. If you have one, and are thinking about selling it, contact us about our generous buying and consignment program".
-
* Upon lengthy conversation about digital images of the several paintings in my collection, he had told me that "he is interested in authentic paintings only" refering to the photographs of the original works of Norval Morrisseau. After that statement we did not have much to talk about. From my point of view it was quite obvious that he was just trying to do what was in Gabe Vadas' interest - to scare the public believeing that they were the only ones that can provide "authentic" works of Norval Morrisseau. If I were Mr. Ross I would be ashamed at showing my face next to the most important and Original Canadian painter of our times on a photograph which he has posted on his website. How can someone who wants to protect Norval Morrisseau's Legacy, falsely label Originals to be fakes?I just hope that justice prevails soon...
~ ~ ~
=> The only comment of 24-DEC-2007 for this posting was placed by Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair stating: "And a beautiful Morrisseau it is - so embued with Vision!" (Click HERE to read the comment in it's original context).
-
Note: If you click on 'Stardreamer' in original comment posting from 24-DEC-2007 it will direct you to the Ritchie Sinclair's website www.stardreamers.com which proves that he was the one posting it.
-
- A day earlier on 23-DEC-2007 Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair e-mailed me with compliments to my work on NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG and wrote that "he had watched my blog grow and glow and that it was a classy piece of work"... and that "he had envisioned a possibility were he and I could harmonize forces to facilitate the 'Morrisseau' movement as a whole, and in a general sense stating that we both appear to share a healthy respect for Spirit and for The People's voice".

Eight months later on 26-AUG-2008 he had asked me for a favour to "remove the comment he posted on 24-DEC-2007" (click HERE) and stated that "he loves NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG and that he will continue to appreciate my support of his work (and me)". Also he mentioned that "Our work is too important!"

This happend just two months before he posted the following in regards to the painting presented in the beginning of this posting - the painting he complimented was "so embued with Vision!"
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com just three days after he posted the image of "Water Spirts" calling it "Forged Morrisseau" - by the opinion of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

 

Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (18-FEB-2009) of "Water Spirts" (Click HERE) calling it this time "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" - by the opinion of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (NOTICE FOR THE "COURT FILE No. CV-08-00366828" HAS BEEN OMITTED FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THIS POSTING!) /Click on image to Enlarge/



-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-



"Water Spirts", acrylic on canvas, 54" x 46", © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
~ This painting was defaced on January 27, 2010 by Bryant Ross who is director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove, BC
/Click on image to Enlarge/


IMPORTANT NOTES: This painting for which Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair gave compliment "And a beautiful Morrisseau it is - so embued with Vision!" was defaced on January 27, 2010 by Bryant Ross who is director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove, BC. This act of vandalism was reported by Ms. Katie Mercer ( "The Province" reporter) in her "Portrait of a scandal" article which content was in full support by Kinsman Robinson Galleries as posted on their twitter at http://twitter.com/KinsmanRobinson (click HERE to view a twit which surfaced on the day of Ms. Katie Mercer's print/online article or click HERE for this twit's screen capture).
-
* This online article "Portrait of a scandal" has been deleted by "The Province" editors and as of August 2010 it is not available for viewing anymore (click HERE for a screen capture of this online article). Printed version of this article, in which an important statement from the 'National Art Gallery of Canada' was taken out of context to support Katie Mercer's newspaper article, will be presented on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG very soon. -
-
** The above presented painting 'Water Spirits' together with 'Upper and Lower Worlds' were also presented in our posted article The truth behind 'Open Letter to the Norval Morrisseau Heritage Society', describing a letter which was never answered by the NHMS.
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--

Screen capture from www.morrisseau.com (04-SEP-2010) of another painting authenticated by Norval Morrisseau titled "Upper and Lower Worlds" which Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair labeled as an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" /Click on image to Enlarge/


ADDITIONAL NOTE: Bryant Ross, who is director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery, stated at his 'Norval Morrisseau Online Gallery' that "These paintings were guaranteed to be original and authentic and were obtained from the artist or authenticated by him." (click HERE for screen capture of the original web page as it appeared in May 2005 or click on the image below).


- -- -
-
-
--
-
 
^^^ Click on image to view screen capture of the original web page from Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery as it appeared in May 2005 - pay attention to the pieces titled 'Water Spirits' and 'Upper and Lower Worlds', Both paintings were done in the painting style Norval Morrisseau used predominantly in the dacade of 1970's. ^^^


BLOG MASTER'S FINAL STATEMENT: The multiple screen captures of my findings have proven that Mr. Sinclair is well aware of his 'hypocritical and lying past activities'. My screen captures of before and after events clearly catches Mr. Ritchie R. Sinclair 'red-handed' and attempting to cover up his sinister scheme of 'slandering the title and authenticities of hundreds of works of art by the late great Norval Morrisseau - Canadian Woodland artist' on his www.morrisseau.com website and elsewhere. Luckily he was unsuccessful at deleting critical and damning evidence supporting his slanderous activities or else this type of court submissable evidence would have gone unknown to a now educated public.
-
* - Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair at www.morrisseau.com is using three member names: "blackmagic", "whitemagic" and "Norval" for Norval Morrisseau who passed away on December 4th, 2007!? This one and many other members' names: Avalon, Blair, Potter, Maslak, Lamont, Bruce, Jack (for Jack Pollock who passed away in 1992) & Ugo are examples of stolen identities Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair is/was using disrespectfully & without permission on his website and at the same time he is claiming to be a protégé of Norval Morrisseau who honours him and his legacy!?
-
ALL THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG FROM ITS INCEPTION IS BASED ON DATA COLLECTED FROM THE PUBLIC DOMAIN AND OTHER VERIFIABLE SOURCES WHICH WILL BE PUT FORTH ACCORDINGLY.
-
Source: Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part II), Changing Faces of Ritchie "Stardreamer" Sinclair (Part III), The chronology of Ritchie 'Stardreamer' Sinclair's belligerent activities from 11/22/2007 to present & Blasphemy (Part II).-

-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> In a recent court judgement "Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway" /Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000/ Judge Paul J. Martial stated the following about Mr. Joseph McLeod of Maslak McLeod Gallery:

“He demonstrated a superior depth of knowledge of Morrisseau…” (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 25)


“The testimony of Mr. Joseph McLeod is indicative of his care and the detailed effort to confirm provenance, including the hiring of a forensic expert to examine the signature on the back of the painting indicate that he took his role to provide appraisals seriously. His testimony… demonstrates his depth of knowledge of the painter due to his lengthy association with the artist.”
(Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 35)


"His (Ritchie Sinclair's) methodology in identifying forgeries is clearly inadequate and suspect since he testified that he does not even view the original paintings before condemning them as fakes." (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 16)


"Mr. Robinson (of Kinsman Robinson Galleries) was qualified as an expert in the area of valuation and appraisal. His testimony however overlapped into the area of handwriting and included an analysis of syllabic and English handwriting, areas for which he was not qualified.

"He has no formal training as an expert witness in handwriting analysis and his evidence is rejected. (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 37)


"Dr. Singla's forensic evidence is preferred in this regard and his finding that it is highly probable that the painting "Wheel of Life" was painted by Norval Morrisseau was supported by his detailed technical analysis of known signatures of' Norval Morrisseau. (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 37)


"The Court finds that there is overwhelming evidence that Norval Morrisseau signed paintings in black brush paint.” (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 34)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



CLOSING NOTE:

After three years of investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Thunder Bay Police Service and after six court cases over the period of seven years nobody has ever been successful in pointing out one case where it was proven that someone made, sold, distributed or even marketed one "fake" Norval Morrisseau painting.

1.1 - Otavnik vs. Vadas SC 07-51428-00,
2.1 - Michael Moniz vs. CTV Globemedia Publishing Inc.,
3.1 - Drs. Browne and Witmer vs. Bearclaw Gallery,
4.1 - Otavnik vs. Sinclair SC 09-00082782-0000,
4.2 - CASE SUMMARY: Otavnik vs. Sinclair SC 09-00082782-0000,
5.1 - Hatfield  vs. Child SC-09-087264-0000 &
6.1.- Kinsman Robinson Galleries vs. Ugo Matulic CV-10-417123.


~ In all of these court cases Forensic science have been used proving that paintings in question were signed by Norval Morrisseau and nobody else (click HERE and view posted paintings above).

Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker



~ TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MR. SINCLAIR CLICK HERE.


->>> REFERENCE POSTS (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED):- Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part I), - Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part II), - Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part III), - Law Tips for Bloggers (Part III) /SLAPP Suits/, - Ugo Matulić's response to Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Donald C. Robinson & Paul C. H. Robinson, - Ugo Matulić's response to yet another "Notice of Libel" by Kinsman Robinson Galleries, Kinsman Robinson Galleries threatens SLAPP suit against Ugo Matulić for $ 1 Million (Part I), - Grant v. Torstar and the defence of responsible communication: implications for bloggers and users of other online media,
- Forensic Document Examination (Part I), - Signatures on Norval Morrisseau artworks certified by Forensic Science, - Morrisseau's artwork in Auction Houses, Commercial Art Galleries & Museums Around the World, - Genuine Morrisseau paintings: Appraised, Authenticated and Forensically Analyzed... /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/ - Experts in Norval Morrisseau's Art (Part I) /Ref.: Mr. Joseph McLeod/ - Norval Morrisseau authenticating his artworks /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/, - Endorsement by Thunder Bay Art Gallery of genuine Morrisseau paintings from 1970's /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/, - Authenticity Statement by Mr. Goyce Kakegamic /'In regards to Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings acquired from Collections of Mr. Rolf Schneiders and Mr. Gary Lamont/, - Statutory Declaration by Mr. Robert Scott, /' Witnessing Norval Morrisseau signing the paintings with a dry brush (DB) technique'/, - Statutory Declaration by Mr. Deiter John Voss, /' Witnessing Norval Morrisseau signing the paintings with a dry brush (DB) technique'/ - Hatfield, Margaret Lorraine vs. Child, Donna and Artworld of Sherway (Part IV) & - Pivotal Court Case Relevant to Authenticity of Norval Morrisseau Artworks.

~ As per decision of the SUPREME COURT OF CANADA (December 22, 2009), journalists and other media, including bloggers, will be protected from lawsuits if they diligently try to verify information on matters that are in the public interest (click HERE for more information and/or check NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG's DISCLAIMER @ the bottom of this page ). ~ -