Monday, February 25, 2008

Collectors' Corner I

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I am inviting all of the collectors of Norval Morrisseau art to send images of their paintings to be posted in the "Collectors' Corner". It will be providing space for collectors to exhibit their art and for others to post their opinions about art being presented here.
-
All of the paintings or selection of the paintings from each individual that submit their paintings will be posted in this category.
-
Conditions are that images need to be high resolution and images of the front and back sides need to be submitted with inclusion of title, size, inscription and date if available.
-
If you feel that you would like to preserve your identity you can always use fictitious e-mail address(s) at Hotmail, Yahoo or Google and send the images that way.
-
"Let's share Norval Morrisseau's images with the World."
-
Note: If you include more images than just a single one please note images in order of importance that I can post the most important image(s) first.
-
Spirit Walker
-
* Detailed information about the painting in this posting unknown: "Nature's Guide", © c. 1980s Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

many of us have lives to live, and simply can't debate every painting.
we don't all have the time to promote/ debate these works 24/7 like some others. or is that some, just 2 others?
we have debated for weeks the topic of "where did the works" come from?
can you imagine the time required to debate all of the other postings?
I only want to hear the answer to the question "where did they come from"
after that we can move on as this will open the debate to other important issues.

Spirit Walker said...

While the seconday market is still relatively strong nobody is going to reveal the information that you are looking for... "where did the works come from"? Why would anyone reveal that information. I have my "sources" and I do not have intention to reveal my "sources". I believe the others feel the same.

Would you tell me where are you getting paintings from? I do not think so...

What we need here is to discuss real issues. Why someone doesn't e-mail me images from their collections or images of the non-originals and we could post them here and discuss about them.

When I started this blog I knew that was not going to be smooth sailing but someone had to create platform for all to speak.

This Blog serves to protect the legacy of Norval Morrisseau.

I am here as an instrument to serve justice and you are here to assist me in acheiving it.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The good news is that there will be always be a market for your paintings but as long as you and others hide the provenance you are not doing any good. No one is asking you for your source. I do not walk in to Maslak Mcleod or KRG and ask them for their source. What people want to know is the story behind these paintings that your source will have the answer to and that no one selling these paintings is wiling to share or perhaps they do not know so can share. This makes me question them.

So do not share your source but do share more information behind these paintings.

Anonymous said...

again, it looks good to me, I have seen more of the stuff from the
80s.
as such I don't comment on the 60s 70s or 90s.
thanks