Sunday, November 30, 2008

Norval Morrisseau speaks (Part I)

-
Shaman-Visionary-Storyteller-Artist
-


© 1991 Kinsman Robinson Galleries
-
-
" I only wish to repeat a few words that this gentleman says and what he is afraid to say. For us to be all in here in this environment, I guess that's what I am saying, I'm just like a real estate broker selling pieces of the enviroment... which we all need when we safeguard the environment... But the colors... Otherwise let me put it this way: 'If Toronto was able to accept this color for a building, and all these colors of buildings it would be a much better vibration...'"
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
>>>>>>>
Note the brief appearance in the beginning of the video clip of Robert McMichael (1921 - 2003) /Canadian art collector and philanthropist/
-
- In 1955, Robert McMichael and his wife Signe (died July 4, 2007) began collecting Canadian paintings by the Group of Seven and other Canadian artists. The couple established the McMichael Canadian Art Collection in Kleinburg, Ontario which now contains some 6,000 Canadian works.
>>>>>>>-
-
* To view full video click HERE.
-

No comments: