Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birds of Norval Morrisseau (Part IX)

-
- 1990's PERIOD
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- -
-
-
-
-

-
-

--
-
-
-
"Eagle with Salmon", © 1990s Norval Morrisseau
-
-
“I would like to say that I am an artist so that I can beautify the world and battle conditioned consciousness with the same tools used to condition it.
-
My culture is my world.”
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-
Blogmaster's Comment: Norval Morrisseau held two solo exhibitions in Canada House Gallery, Banff, Alberta: One on March 18th, 2000 titled "Then & Now" and one on October 6th, 2001 titled "The Legend". Click HERE to view the image from "The Legend" exhibition where painting titled "Eagle with Salmon" can be clearly seen on the wall of the gallery.
-
-
* The painting in this posting: "Eagle with Salmon", © c. 1990s Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

No comments: