Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birds of Norval Morrisseau (Part XI)

-
- 1980's PERIOD-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Owl", © 1980s Norval Morrisseau
-
-

"I transmit astral plane harmonies through my brushes into the physical plane. These otherworld colours are reflected in the alphabet of nature, a grammar in which the symbols are plants, animals, birds, fishes, earth and sky. I am merely a channel for the spirit to utilize, and it is needed by a spirit starved society."
-
Norval Morrisseau
--
-
-

* The painting in this posting: "Owl", © c. 1980s Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very difficult to post a comment on the SW blog that would ass to it because so much work has been done in the presentations that comments would be superfluous. Praise is another thing. That my family and I can easily extend and do so with sincerity. We often wonder why an artist like Morrrisseau left his family and ended up living with an adopted family on Vancouver Island. You mentioned the Vadas family in today's blog. They must have had a very positive influence on the artist to have him live with them for so long. I am glad that you give them credit for taking care of him and ensuring he had a good and creative life for a considerable period after they met. Give us more inside stories about Morrisseau and the people that helped him achieve the recognition he gained. Great work SW.

Anonymous said...

Just read my comment on your blog of April 21st and noted that my touch typing made an error. The 'ass'on the second line should read 'add'. Sorry for the error. My wife had a good laugh. She likes your work and being a writer of mystery stories loves following your investigative reporting.