Saturday, April 11, 2009

Norval Morrisseau's Painted Objects (Part V)

-
- 1970's PERIOD
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"The World Is", 10'x12.5', © 1970s Norval Morrisseau
~ Acrylic paint on movie screen ~ /Click on image to Enlarge/
-
--

"From the first time I picked up the brush, painting became my passion. Over the years that passion has grown and strengthened.
-
There is no other way to describe it. To paint is to live."
-
Norval Morrisseau-
-

-
-
>>> Reference postings:
- Norval Morrisseau's Painted Objects (Part I),
- Norval Morrisseau's Painted Objects (Part II),
- Norval Morrisseau's Painted Objects (Part III),
- Norval Morrisseau's Painted Objects (Part IV) &
- Understanding Art of Norval Morrisseau (Part I).
-
--
* The art piece presented in this posting was painted with acrylic paint on movie screen in one of the movie theaters in Northern Ontario: "The World Is", 10'x12.5', © c. 1970s Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless at the incredible genius and beauty of this Materpiece!!!
The composition and symetry of all the movement leaves me to say that this piece might just be the greatest painting that I have ever seen from Norval Morrisseau.
'The World is...' Magical and Mystical,beautiful and splendid. One can get totaly immersed into this painting and leave energised.

M.M.G.A

Anonymous said...

When you actually see this painting in real life it takes your breath away. I noticed the balance and the vibrant colors.This piece is one of the most spectacular works of art that I have ever seen in my 30 years of collecting. I still get goose bumps when I think of this piece. The client who acquired this work also feels the same.