Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thunderbirds of Norval Morrisseau (Part X)

-
- 1970's PERIOD-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

--
-
-
-
--
-

"Thunderbird" 1 - 2, © 1977 Norval Morrisseau
-
-

"To accomplish what I have started and to die in it feeling I have fulfilled what I started - to reach a level where I and Manitou and the Indian will always keep the Indian faith alive - to be a great Artist and Preserver of Indian culture. I accept it fully as a duty in life which was set forth for, to set an example."
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-
-

* The painting in this posting: "Thunderbird" 1 - 2, 22"x15", © 1977 Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this thunderbird is called "thunderbird 1-2". The piece was done in 1977. I am assuming that this is the left piece of a dyptic. I would love to find it's partner to complete the set. Maybe you could post this and we can find it. Thank you.

Spirit Walker said...

>>>
To anonymous having this painting in his possession.

Would you be so kind to send me better quality digital photographs of front and back of the canvas?

Meegwetch, SW
/spiritwalker2008@gmail.com/