Sunday, December 13, 2009

Norval Morrisseau 'eBay' Report 1.3

-
~ For week ending on 12/13/2009
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Untitled", © c. early 1970s Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
The following are the 'eBay'* items for week ending 12/13/2009. These works were created by Anishinaabe artist Norval Morrisseau:
-

- Item number: 280437345332 "Untitled" (or click HERE),
-
- Item number: 280436984808
"Untitled" (or click HERE) &
-
- Item number: 380187908463 "Untitled" (or click HERE).
-
---
NOTE: Only authentic Norval Morrisseau works of art will be presented on this weekly report. Giving collectors a heads-up alert for the best deals found on 'eBay'.
-
-

-
-
* - 'eBay' is designated trademark of eBay Inc.
-
--

~ The acrylic painting on art board in this post: "Untitled", 22"x30", © c. early 1970s Norval Morrisseau ('eBay' Item number: 280437345332 /Private Collection/

2 comments:

http://www.artist-patron.com said...

Thank you for the obvious effort and dedication you have put into this site. By browsing from the beginning I have gained a much clearer sense of the artist's style and the "feel" of his work. The technical articles are also very informative.

The disputes concerning this artist's work are very unfortunate and I believe damaging to his legacy. In my view it is fine for a party to assert that they have authenticated a work if they have been able to do so. Casting doubt on the authenticity of works not authenticated by themsleves, however is not helpful and may be harmful both to the owners of the artworks and to the legacy of the artist.

I am moved to suggest that the galleries, dealers and collectors who own work should collaborate on an archive rather than divisively casting doubts on the property of others.

I have had personal experience with some of the characters in this drama (that is the dispute, not the artist!) and must say that some appear to be trying to maximize their inventory values rather than serve the collecting community. My own experiences range from having a very early work I personally know to be authentic dismissed out of hand as uninteresting, being told without provenance authenticated by the specific dealer the piece was not worth considering, being told that the party would not be interested in looking at it unless I was selling - three Toronto "experts", not one of them gave a damn about the work itself, which is exceptionally beautiful and powerful. I contrast these experience with my initial contact with you, Spirit Walker, who called me from Alberta on the strenght of a poor quality photo and provided me with more insights into the meaning and artistic merit of my piece than all the other experts combined. It is easy for me to judge intent from actions.

Thank you for this resource. It is valuable to me and doubtless many others.

David B. McNab

Spirit Walker said...

>>>
David, thank you for the compliments and encouragment to continue on this monumantal project.

It was my pleasure talking to you, sharing my knowledge and expressing my passion for the art of Norval Morrisseau.

Hvala - Miigwetch - Thank You

Sincerely, SW