Tuesday, May 11, 2010

'Victoria and Family', © 1978 Norval Morrisseau

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Victoria and Family", © 1978 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
"I may not have a Ferrari, but I'm the first Indian to break into the Canadian art scene and I have forever enriched the Canadian way of life. I want to make paintings full of colour, laughter, compassion and love. I want to make paintings that will make people happy, that will change the course of people's lives. If I can do that, I can paint for 100 years."
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-

-
-
*The acrylic painting on canvas in this post shows a celebration of Norval Morrisseau's first grandchild from his daughter Victoria: "Victoria and Family", 59"x39", © 1978 Norval Morrisseau. Image of this painting can be found on page 153 in "The Art of Norval Morrisseau" /Sinclair, Lister, Jack Pollock, and Norval Morrisseau/ -Toronto, Ontario: Methuen, 1979; ISBN: 0-458-93820-3/

No comments: