Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Norval Morrisseau's Painted Objects (Part I)

-
- 1980's PERIOD
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"SHIRAKI" acoustic guitar - c/w case, © c. 1980s Norval Morrisseau
-
-
"I can live anywhere. I can paint anywhere. I have painted six panels of the Man Who Changed Into a Thunderbird. All these paintings came from within. I don't need to isolate myself to do them. I can paint them here, there or anywhere. A pipe band could be going by, or cars."
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-
* The painted "SHIRAKI" acoustic guitar - c/w case, © c. 1980s Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so interesting, and I am glad to have found your blog. I have admired Morriseau's work for many years and still find there is a lot to learn.

I will be coming back to read some more!