Saturday, April 18, 2009

Norval Morrisseau Authentic Paintings at Auction Houses Across North America (Part V)

-
- 1970's PERIOD-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- -
--
-

"Cycles of Life", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-

“Among the Indians, as among other nations, some people are born artists, but most are not. I am a born artist. I have as much interest in my people as any anthropologist, and I have studied our culture and lore. My aim is to reassemble the pieces of a once proud culture, and to show the dignity and bravery of my people.”
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-
-

* The painting in this posting: "Cycles of Life", 26.5"x28.5", acrylic on canvas, © 1975 Norval Morrisseau - Sold at HODGINS Art Auctions Ltd. in Calgary, Alberta on 11-27-2006 (Lot 325) - Provenance: Private Collection, Thunder Bay /Private Collection/

No comments: