Thursday, July 2, 2009

Paper sets of Norval Morrisseau (Part I) 4-10

-
- Norval Morrisseau's Prime Period [1970's]--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
" Medicine paintings of warriors in arrangement of ten" (4-10),
© 1978 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
"My idea is, why I draw them, see, there's lots of stories that are told in Ojibway but that wasn't enough for me. I wanted to draw them - that's from my own self - my own idea what they look like."
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-
-
-
Note: Only painting 1-10 has a title on the back side (click HERE). All other paintings from the set have a signature, date and number of the painting on the back side. To view all paintings of this set click HERE.
-
-
* The acrylic painting on paper in this post: " Medicine paintings of warriors in arrangement of ten" (4-10), 11"x15", © 1978 Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

No comments: