Sunday, August 7, 2011

20th Anniversary of Ukraine’s Independence...

--
... & 120 years of Ukrainian settlement in Canada



  












UKRAINIAN SHUMKA DANCERS, © Markian Bahniuk 


"That's another thing I'm into. I can close my eyes and see hordes and hordes of galloping cossacks. I love to watch Ukrainian men and women dancing. I wanted them to dance on the deck of my place as a blessing, but I don't know what people would think on the reserve.

When you start thinking universally It seems to me you're in tune with all these different people..."

Norval Morrisseau


-
-
-
-
NOTE: The above presented Norval Morrisseau quotation was originally published in Peace Arch News article "Morrisseau: artist, shaman and visions from the astral plane" on September 23, 1992; written by Alex Browne, Staff Reporter
-  

No comments: