/Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000/
"Wheel of Life" , 35"x35", © 1979 Norval Morrisseau
~ Click HERE to view the inscription on the reverse side of canvas
NOTE: This painting come with appraisal from Joseph McLeod of Maslak McLeod Gallery (Toronto, Ontario) - who was at the time of signing a member of the Art Dealers Association of Canada (ADAC); and is currently a member of The Canadian Association of Personal Property Appraisers (CPPA).
>>> A July 2009 Claim for $25, 000 for misrepresentation and fraud involving the above presented genuine Norval Morrisseau painting.
Status: Ongoing: May 31st, 2011; September 1st, 2011; November 16th, 2011; February 23rd/24th, 2012. Adjourned to June 4th (TODAY).
Additional information: Donald Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Toronto, Ontario) and Ritchie Sinclair (Toronto, Ontario) separately testified for the plaintiff, Margaret L. Hatfield while Donna Child of Artworld of Sherway Gallery (Toronto, Ontario) and Wolf Morrisseau, Norval Morrisseau's brother (Thunder Bay, Ontario) testified for the defence. The trial continues on 4th, June, 2012, when Joseph McLeod of Maslak McLeod Gallery (Toronto, Ontario), Dr. Atul K.Singla* of 'Worldwide Forensic Services Inc.'  (Full Time Forensic Document Examiner and Fingerprints Expert), James White (Toronto, Ontario), Marlowe Goring of Qualicum Frameworks Gallery(Qualicum Beach, British Columbia) and Kevin Cott (Toronto Ontario) will be called to testify for the defence.
* - Dr. Atul K. Singla has qualified and testified as an expert witness in the scientific field of Forensic Document Examination more than 500 times and is recognized in United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada and India. He had provided conclusive evidence that the above painting was signed by the artist Norval Morrisseau, meaning that the possibility that an alternative hypothesis is true can, in practice, be excluded.
 - Worldwide Forensic Services Inc. (Toronto, Ontario) is one of the leading forensic laboratories in Canada. Providing services on various aspects of forensic document examination and is an agent of Police services and R.C.M.P. Accredited and Certified Fingerprinting Agency.
> For a detailed services list and partial client list click HERE.
BLOG MASTER'S COMMENT: This extensive - two part Forensic Report, which includes the above artwork and ten (10) other genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings, will be presented as Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part V) in June 2012. For all eleven (11) paintings of this Forensic Report, Dr. Atul K. Singla had provided conclusive evidence that these paintings were signed by the artist Norval Morrisseau.
Ref.: Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part IV).
- Experts in Norval Morrisseau's Art (Part I) /Ref.: Mr. Joseph McLeod/
- Endorsement by Thunder Bay Art Gallery of genuine Morrisseau paintings from 1970's /In regards to the Genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings signed by the artist with a dry brush (DB) technique/
- Statutory Declaration by Mr. Robert Scott, /' Witnessing Norval Morrisseau signing the paintings with a dry brush (DB) technique'/
- Statutory Declaration by Mr. Deiter John Voss, /' Witnessing Norval Morrisseau signing the paintings with a dry brush (DB) technique'/
- Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part I),
- Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part II),
- Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part IV).
~ The authentic acrylic painting on canvas in this post: "Wheel of Life", 35"x35", © 1979 Norval Morrisseau; /CURRENT OWNERSHIP: Private Collection of Ms. Margaret L. Hatfield/