Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blog Master's Public Address XII

-
~ To all readers happy holidays and prosperous 2015 ~

From left to right: Ugo Matulić (Blog Master) with his brother Jakša by the Indian totem after the screening of one of the "Winnetou" films, based on German author Karl May novels; Omiš, Croatia - July 1966; Sourcewww.almissa.com /Click on image to Enlarge/



















Hi to all,

I appreciate all of you visiting the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG. It is proving to be an exciting success as I have always anticipated it would be. The subject is dynamic and evolving to say the least. I wish to thank all the contributors for encouraging me to continue with this monumental project which is dedicated entirely to protecting the integrity of Norval Morrisseau's art and the preservation of his artistic legacy.

I am using this opportunity to express a special thank you to my very good friend, the late Michael Moniz who passed away on April 13th, 2013, for his relentless and unwavering dedication. Without his assistance this platform would not have been possible.

The main purpose of the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG is to share information with anyone interested in the Woodland/Anishnaabe School of Art that Norval Morrisseau and other early aboriginal artists started in the late 1950's. From this start that is linked to the cliff paintings seen along the canoe routes of antiquity, and others yet to be found in other sparsely settled areas of North and South America, Canada and the World has become aware of the artistic genius of Our aboriginal culture.

This artistic genius doesn't stop at visual art alone but extends to the written and performing arts that are also being recognized. I am proud to be in the vanguard of the enlightened and non-commercially oriented people that want to extend their knowledge base to any other interested groups or individuals.

NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG isn't a sales, buying or authentication platform but will exhibit any to aid in the education of the blog readers that are growing in number.

Allow me again to introduce myself to those who don't know me.

I was born in Split, Croatia. As a child I saw, and continue to see, the Indians of North America as members of an outstanding race. My favourite childhood memory was the time when 'Winnetou' movies were filmed in Croatia (then part of Yugoslavia). As a memento from that time were countless memories and a photograph with my brother and I in front of Indian totem pole in my hometown of Omiš, Croatia after the filming of one of the 'Winnetou' movies based on novels by the best-selling German author of all time - Karl May.

My arrival in North America (24 years ago) provided the greatest discovery - NORTH AMERICAN NATIVE SPIRITUALITY.

When I emigrated to Canada my aim was to become a true Canadian and contribute to the advancement of this outstanding country. I also wanted to advance the cause of the First Nations Citizens. The best way I could do this appeared through advancing the cause of native art. Researching the background of Norval Morrisseau and other native artists and their lives has shown the adversity these artists had to overcome to become recognized. Some wonderful people emerged through this research, as did the hardships the art goddess imposed on many of these talented artists.

The subject of my passion is Norval Morrisseau's art. He was one of the very few artists who started a completely new art movement: the Woodland/Anishnaabe School of Art, and has been dubbed the Father of Canadian Aboriginal Art. My extensive knowledge and research along with my personal collection which I have amassed over the years are what I draw my knowledge base from. I have been fortunate to acquire a collection which consists of pieces of genuine Norval Morrisseau art that span all of his career from 1952 to 2002.

It seems like almost every day I find a new and fantastical correlation within this man's work. It is never ending. The scope and depth of Morrisseau's visions throughout his lifetime have left an impact on my soul that I cannot describe in words. "Perhaps I should paint as Morrisseau did to express feelings otherwise would not be explicable within my vocabulary?" His Art Work is my passion...

... The artistic genius of Norval Morrisseau was best described by Jack Pollock (1930-1992) who wrote: "...Norval, with his incredible ability with the formal problems of art (colour-design-space) and his commitment to the world of his people, the great Ojibway, give one the sense of power that only genius provides... It is sufficient to say that in the history of Canadian Painting, few have, and will remain giants. Norval shall."

Thank you for your continuing support.


INVITATION TO ALL READERS:

There are many of you who possess important valuable information such as paintings, photographs and other printed/written materials which will greatly assist our common goal. I urge you to provide this information to me for public record. Norval Morrisseau has become one of Canada's greatest all time artists and is recognized for his importance Worldwide...

... All the parties mentioned in posts presented on this platform are free to comment on this blog's findings under condition that they present their statements and opinions which are backed up with documentation to support these statements and these opinions.

ONLY statements and opinions which are supported with corresponding documentation will be published on this platform for public record and possible discussion.

Also, this invitation extends not just to the individuals and organizations mentioned on this platform but to all Norval Morrisseau's admirers, researchers, investigators, news reporters and art collectors as long as they verifiably disclose their identity...

... Your assistance is needed now! Your actions will greatly benefit your art as an investment and safeguard Norval Morrisseau's Legacy.

Thank you/Miigwetch,

Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker
/spiritwalker2008@gmail.com/

> For the purposes of this blog I would like to be referred to as Spirit Walker. Miigwetch!




--
>>> Reference posts:
- Blog Master's Public Address I,
-
Blog Master's Public Address II,
-
Blog Master's Public Address III,
-
Blog Master's Public Address IV,
-
Blog Master's Public Address V,
-
Blog Master's Public Address VI,
-
Blog Master's Public Address VII,
- Blog Master's Public Address VIII,

- Blog Master's Public Address IX,
- Blog Master's Public Address XI,
- Will the real SpiritWalker please stand up?, - The real Spirit Walker is standing up!, - Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part I)/Blog Master's Public Address X)- >>> The Story behind photograph published in the post "The real Spirit Walker is standing up!" & - The Best-Selling German Author of All Time /Ref. Karl May/.-
- 

1 comment:

Simone McLeod said...

A great post which shares your passion for the Aboriginal Art movement with dignity and respect which is you. Who you are and the respectful way in which you treat all the people you meet, regardless of which part of the earth they come from shines through in your words today. I'm sincerely proud to call you my friend Ugo.

Keep up the great and well based research in 2015 and beyond!