> Mr. Sinclair is not interested at all in protecting Norval Morrisseau's legacy as he continues to ignore the conclusive findings of the three top internationally recognized Forensic Document Examiners and Handwriting Experts from Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary-
~ As per Mr. Sinclair's words his blog: "has been launched to stimulate and inspire artists, educators, students, patrons and art lovers..."
Note: Both of these paintings which were involved in these two court cases had been proven authentic Norval Morrisseau artworks by forensic science on August 24th, 2010/May 27th, 2011 & December 19th, 2011 (click HERE).
... Mr. Sinclair is an individual whose alleged "efforts to identify Norval’s true artistic legacy" are recognized by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries ["AN EXAMINATION INTO THE AUTHENTICITY OF AN ALLEGED 1970'S NORVAL MORRISSEAU PAINTING" - EXPERT REPORT; September 10th, 2009; Page 74].
* - Both, Donald Robinson and Ritchie Sinclair were discredited in this pivotal court case relevant to authenticity of Norval Morrisseau artworks (click HERE).
>>> In a court judgement Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway /Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000/ Judge Paul J. Martial stated the following:
"The Court finds that there is overwhelming evidence that Norval Morrisseau signed paintings in black brush paint.” (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 34)
"His (Ritchie Sinclair's) methodology in identifying forgeries is clearly inadequate and suspect since he testified that he does not even view the original paintings before condemning them as fakes." (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 16)
~ Additionally, in the appeal for this court case Madame Justice Mary Anne Sanderson ruled the following:
"Similarly, the trial Judge was entitled to reject the evidence of Sinclair and to conclude it was unsupported and unreliable. Sinclair could produce no documentary evidence to support his assertions that a well organized forgery ring painted the works auctioned by Kahn Auctions." (Ruling by Madame Justice Mary Anne Sanderson: December 17th, 2013 -  Page 3)
1. "The Hatfield case was unique in that it represented the first time a Morrisseau authentication joust had proceeded through a complete trial – it required five hearings spanning about two and a half years and resulting in 750 pages of published evidence – and ended with a judicial ruling." ~ 'The Globe and Mail'
2. Genuine Norval Morrisseau painting involved in this court case was also acquired from Randy Potter Estate Auctions and appraised by Mr. Joseph McLeod.
>>> Reference posts:
- THREAT OF LAWSUITS TRIGGERS BELATED CTV VIDEO &
- "Famed tenor drops suit alleging art dealer sold him fake Morrisseau paintings" by James Adams.
~ As per decision of the SUPREME COURT OF CANADA (December 22, 2009), journalists and other media, including bloggers, will be protected from lawsuits if they diligently try to verify information on matters that are in the public interest (click HERE for more information and/or check NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG's DISCLAIMER @ the bottom of this page ). ~ -