NORVAL MORRISSEAU (1931-2007)
"We Are All One in Spirit"-
SEVEN GIFTS FROM SEVEN GRANDFATHERS
The Anishnaabe Teachings cited from the Mishomis Book
1. To cherish knowledge is to know wisdom.
2. To know love is to know peace.
3. To honor all creation is to have respect.
4. Bravery is to face the foe with grace.
5. Honesty in facing a situation is to be honorable.
6. Humility is to know yourself as a sacred part of creation.
7. Truth is to know all of these things.
- Each person must find the delicate balance that lies in living in harmony with all creation.--
* The painting in this posting: "Young Ojibway Indian Man with Eagle Headdress", 52"x28", © 1992 Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/