Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Nature's Balance", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau

-
- 1970's PERIOD--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


-
"Nature's Balance", 73"x48", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-

"I now believe in peaceful coexistence with myself," as he stood in front of his Nature's Balance, a vibrant interplay of birds, fishes and snakes. "If I had the money and was buying Indian art, this is what I would have on my wall."*
-
Norval Morrisseau, 1975
-
* - Norval Morrisseau's statement for Time Magazine, August 25, 1975 (written by Jon Anderson)
-
-
-
-
~ The painting in this posting: "Nature's Balance", 73"x48", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau . Image of this painting can be found on page 114 in "The Art of Norval Morrisseau" /Sinclair, Lister, Jack Pollock, and Norval Morrisseau/ -Toronto, Ontario: Methuen, 1979; ISBN: 0-458-93820-3/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NATURE;S BALANCE: This work of art was purchased by me Faith Sinclair, Hanks at the time of purchase, from Jack Pollack art dealer of Toronto, now deceased. In 201l I returned to my home in England, and put the work up for auction because it was too large to transport. Sothetheby incorrectly described the provenance collection of Lister Sinclair. I threatened to withdraw the work, and they promised to correct the error. This work still has my husband's name incorrectly involvws. FOR THE RECORD, THIS WORK OF ART WAS PURCHAED BY ME, AT THE TIME FAITH HANKS, AND WAS SOLD AT AUCTION IN Toronto, BY ME. I havE

Spirit Walker said...

>>
Dear Faith Sinclair,

I would appreciate if you could e-mail me the additional information (documented story) at spiritwalker2008@gmail.com and I will present it unedited for all world to see.

Thank you so very much.

Best regards,

Ugo Matulic a.k.a. Spirit Walker