Friday, June 3, 2011

Open Letter to the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG by Mr. Karl J. Burrows (Part II)

-
-
"Playing on the road with Norval Morrisseau", by Stephen Humphreys
 * Portrait of Norval Morrisseau © Louie Palu


"Hi Spirit Walker,

I have been watching the battle rage over my friend Norval's art and his legacy. Court cases rage from B.C. to Ontario. I can no longer just sit by and see this happening without taking part in the discussion. I chose your blog my friend because I believe, in my heart, that your work over the last three years has been a platform for fair and open voices relevant to the discussion.

I will be sharing my thoughts on these matters on your blog, with your permission, over the next while and some footage of Norval and his family.

If any of your patrons wish to ask me any questions, please feel free to comment.

Yours truly,

Karl Burrows
Hollywood Ca."

>>> Click HERE for a screen capture of communicaton between Mr. Karl J. Burrows and Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker which also includes a post presented above.





IMPORTANT NOTE: Mr. Karl J. Burrows will only answer questions to the people who identify temselves.


>>> Reference post:
- Open Letter to the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG by Mr. Karl J. Burrows (Part I).-
-
* The video in this post was submitted and narrated by Mr. Karl J. Burrows who explains meeting Gabor M. Vadas and Norval Morrisseau at Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove, British Columbia CANADA in 1989.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Burrows,

Can you tell us exactly and/or approximately how many assisted paintings you worked on for Norval Morrisseau in the course of your association with this artist?

Do you have any records as to where? To whom they were consigned too?

Was Kinsman Robinson galleries the main consignors of these paintings to the public and do you know if the buying public was made aware of the assistance involved in one of your Norval Morrisseau paintings before completion of a sale?

What happened to all of these paintings you worked on in an assisted capacity?

Michael Moniz,
Brampton, Ontario

Karl Burrows said...

Hi Michael,

I worked on more than 100 of Norval's paintings,
over the time I knew him. Records of sales were kept by Gabe Vadas, they were consigned and sold by him. I have no idea if KRG was aware that I worked on them or not. The public was not told that I did this work. If you have a painting done after 1990, send a photo and I will tell you if I worked on it or not.
Gabe Vadas still has paintings that I assisted Norval with.

I hope that answers you question,

karl

Unknown said...

Just read blog and Karl Burrows' responses. Absolutely incredible!!.... "I worked on more than 100 of Norval's paintings"....That statement clearly eliminates any painting/print done after 1990 from my wish list. Wonder how many Morrisseau paintings that Burrows actually worked on from 1989 to 2007....100, 200, 500, 1000???