Monday, October 31, 2011

Stolen Norval Morrisseau Artworks (Part I)

-


-
















"Loons + Beavers Mingle", 19"x28", © 1976 Norval Morrisseau 
~ click HERE to view inscription of the canvas' VERSO
/Click on image to Enlarge/


>>> The above presnted painting 'LOONS+BEAVERS MINGLE', 1976, was sold on eBay in October 2006. It was posted out on October 31st 2006 via FEDEX to Mr. Brent Hoedel of Cochrane, Alberta (eBay ID: graysonsausages).

Mr. Hoedel claims that this painting never arrived to him?

Anyone with information leading to the whereabouts of this painting and/or it's recovery will recieve a very handsome and generous cash reward upto $10,000.00. Your identity will remain anonymous for your protection and saftey.

Best regards,

Michael Moniz, Brampton, Ontario





BLOG MASTER'S NOTE: This painting which was purchased by Mr. Michael Moniz from Randy Potter Estate Auctions in Port Hope, Ontario was previously offered for sale through Heffel Auctions in Toronto, Ontario - Lot #32 (click HERE for a recorded information in www.artfact.com database).


* The acrylic paintings on canvas in this post: "Loons + Beavers Mingle", 19"x28", © 1976 Norval Morrisseau

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE ARTWORK HAS BEEN RECOVERED AND RETURNED TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER. IN EARLY 2010, THE PAINTING WAS DISCOVERED TO BE LISTED ON KIJIJI IN CALGARY. MR HOEDEL ANSWERED THE ADVERTISEMENT AND TO HIS AMAZEMENT/DELIGHT HAS FOUND HIS MISSING PAINTING. THE KIJIJI SELLER ADDED THE PAINTING WAS ACQUIRED AT A GARAGE SALE APPROX 3 YEARS PRIOR.
~B. HOEDEL

Anonymous said...

Brent Hoedel,

I am requesting that you return my painting immediately into my possesion Mr.B.Hoedel. I sold this painting to you in October 2006. I posted it out to your address in Calgary on October 31 2006 using FEDEX. You stated that you never recieved the painting? FEDEX fraud department was notified and confirmed delivery of this painting to your address. I sold this painting to you for approximately $3500.00. About five months later I made a deal with you on another painting titled 'Sacred Fish Spirit' which I deemed worth $12,000.00. I let you have this second painting for $4,250.00 only because you had lost the first painting?
You state in your comment that you found this painting being sold by a KIJJI listing from someone who had aquired it three years from 2010 in a garage sale? Why did you not inquire further information from the vendor?
This painting belongs to me Mr.Brent Hoedel and I am kindly asking that you return my stolen property back to me. The total sales on both paintings add up to approximately $7750.00 Cnd. Keep this in mind Mr.Brent Hoedel that I would not have sold you the second painting 'Sacred Fish Spirit' for $4250.00 if you had not reported non-delivery to your person of the first painting.
I am looking for either one or two things to resolve this matter once and for all. Your choices are are either you return my painting back to me or you can compensate me financially in regards to the sales of both paintings to you. I deemed the second painting to be worth $12,000. You paid me only $4250.00 for it. An extra $4250.00 would satisfy this situation right fully so.If we cannot come to an agreement then I will be forced to notify the R.C.M.P to recover my stolen art work 'Loons and Beavers Mingle' which you have admitted that you have in your possesion.

Michael Moniz
avalon13@rogers.com

PS:I await your response through email. Thank you