/Click on image to Enlarge/
From left to right: "Soaring Thunderbird", 30"x26" & "Sacred Medicine Bear Changes", 29"x36"; both © 1979 Norval Morrisseau; Click HERE to view reverse sides of canvases signed and inscribed by the artist
>>> The following is Mr. Deiter John Voss' Statutory Declaration in the Matter of the above presented Norval Morrisseau paintings:
I, DEITER JOHN VOSS, of the City of Thunder Bay, in the District of Thunder Bay and Province of Ontario, MAKE OATH AND SAY as follows:
1. I personally knew Norvai Morrisseau and as such have knowledge of the matters hereinafter deposed to.
2. I personally witnessed Norval Morrisseau signing paintings known as "Soaring Thunder Bird 1979" measuring 26" x 30" and "Sacred Medicine Bear Changes 1979" measuring 36" x 29".
3. The above-noted paintings were signed at Wintering Camp 60 km north of Ignace, Ontario, Canada and were purchased by me from Norval Morrisseau.
4. At the time the said paintings were signed by Norval Morrisseau John Monar was also present and saw the paintings signed.
This solemn declaration is made conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.
Sworn before me at the City of Thunder Bay,
in the district of Thunder bay and Province of Ontario,
this 29th dayof March, 2011.
Signed /ACommissioner/ Signed /Deiter John Voss/
>>> To download Commissioner's invoice, signed Statutory Declaration together with paintings images click on image below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: These signatures are considered as KNOWN SIGNATURES OF NORVAL MORRISSEAU by Forensic Science.
- Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part III),
- "Morrisseau Signature Identification Article 101" (Part I) &
- Norval Morrisseau Certificates of Authenticity (COAs).
/Signed by the artist on April 11, 2002 in Thunder Bay, Ontario/