Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another painting that was for sale...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-




..on the COGHLAN ART Studio & Gallery website a few years ago and at later date labelled as fake. I had contacted Mr. Bryant Ross who is the gallery director of Coghlan Art Studio/Gallery upon reading on his website the following statement: "We are looking for authentic Morrisseau paintings to add to our inventory. If you have one, and are thinking about selling it, contact us about our generous buying and consignment program".
-
* Upon lengthy conversation about digital images of the several paintings in my collection, he had told me that "he is interested in authentic paintings only" refering to the photographs of the original works of Norval Morrisseau. After that statement we did not have much to talk about. From my point of view it was quite obvious that he was just trying to do what was in Gabe Vadas' interest - to scare the public believeing that they were the only ones that can provide "authentic" works of Norval Morrisseau. If I were Mr. Ross I would be ashamed at showing my face next to the most important and Original Canadian painter of our times on a photograph which he has posted on his website. How can someone who wants to protect Norval Morrisseau's Legacy, falsely label Originals to be fakes?I just hope that justice prevails soon...
-
/The painting in this posting is an authentic work of © Norval Morrisseau/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a beautiful Morrisseau it is - so embued with Vision!