Saturday, May 15, 2010

Woodland Wisdom (Part II)

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Ancestral Spirits", 36"x48", © 1989 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
A Song of Greatness
-
When I hear my elders
Telling of heroes and great deeds
So long ago,
When I hear them talking
About our great ancestors
Then I think to myself
I am one of them.
-
When I hear others
Praising the great ones,
Then I know that I too,
Will be honoured
When my time comes, I too
Will do great deeds.
-
~ an Ojibwa song
--
-

-
-
-
>>> Reference post:
--
* The acrylic painting on canvas in this post: "Ancestral Spirits", 36"x48", © 1989 Norval Morrisseau; Provenance: This acrylic painting on canvas is from Private Collection of Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker (Calgary, Alberta). It was acquired directly from the artist by Mr. Gary Lamont a.k.a Gary Bruce Thacky (Thunder Bay, Ontario) in 1989; Currently on display at Webster Galleries Inc., Calgary, Alberta.

No comments: