Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Norval Morrisseau's Family (Part II)

-
-
Bret Morrisseau with his Grandfather Norval
Thunder Bay, Ontario CANADA - May 16th, 2002/Click on image to Enlarge/


"Personally I am not thinking about myself truthfully in this present year but years ahead when I am death for the children of mine and the generations of my people to feel proud of the art heritage of the Ojibway and every nationality is proud of its culture."

Norval Morrisseau

-
-

-
-
>>> Reference posts:
- Norval Morrisseau's Family (Part I),
- The Last Homecoming of Norval Morrisseau (Part I).
-
-* Bret is Christian Morrisseau's son

1 comment:

Fredericks said...

Dear Spirit Walker:
It has been a pleasure to follow Norval Morriseau's work on your site. Norval's contribution to the way native people define their artwork has been enormous. He along with a couple of other native artists established a style for others to follow. The spirituality within his work is evident. Keep up the good work in presenting his legacy to Canadians.