"Spirit Enclosed by a Serpent", acrylic on card, 40"x32", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau /Click on image to Enlarge/
> The above presented image of an original Norval Morrisseau's painting was originally published on page 127 of THE ART OF NORVAL MORRISSEAU ('Jack Pollock's Book') /Lister Sinclair, Jack Pollock, and Norval Morrisseau/; ISBN: 0-458-93820-3 /Toronto, Ontario: Methuen, 1979./-
>>> BLOG MASTER'S COMMENTS:
1) We can clearly see that both paintings "Encestal Elder" (1981) and "Spirit Enclosed by a Serpent" (1975) were painted/executed with almost identical composition. This confirms, more than once in the presentations on this blog, that Norval Morrisseau repeated many times his images.
This also undeniably proves that there is a connection between "Thunder Bay's Norval Morrisseau" and "Jack Pollock's Norval Morrisseau" paintings (click HERE to see both of these images side by side).
2) All of the paintings presented in "The Writing On The Wall... Norval Morrisseau Conspiracy Exposed" (click HERE) were acquired directly from Mr. Rolf Schneider's Private Collection (Thunder Bay, Ontario). Many paintings currently exhibited on Mr. Gary Lamont's website at www.woodlandartgallery.ca were also acquired from Mr. Schneider's Private Collection.
3) The Thunder Bay Art Gallery holds among the other art pieces from the Helen E. Bend Collection had received in 2002 a donation of an oil painting on natural birch bark 'After Spirit of the Fourth' (Item: 02.3.1) > 24.8 cm x 26.2 cm > 1958 which was directly donated from Mr. Rolf Schnieder's Private Collection.
Also, Mr. Joseph Otavnik Family donated four paintings in 2004 to the same institution:
1) 'Untitled' [animal spirits facing inward] (Item: 04.7.1) > 73 cm x 56 cm > 1970; 2) 'Untitled' [two shaman and animal spirits in cameo] (Item: 04.7.2) > 72 cm x 85 cm > 1979; 3) Lake Trout with Eggs (Item: 04.7.3) > 114 cm x 80 cm > 1973 & 4) 'Untitled' [fish with minnows] (Item: 04.7.4) > 73 cm x 50 cm > 1976.
All of these paintings are declared authentic by Mr. Glenn Allison* who - Curator of The Thunder Bay Art Gallery.
* - Mr. Glenn Allison began his career as Research Curator at the Vancouver Art Gallery, working with Doris Shadboft from 1968-1972. His experience of more than thirty years includes management of the Bau-Xi Galleries on the west coast of Canada; Instructor of Art History for Columbia Junior College and Capilano College; instructor for the British Columbia Museums Association; instructor for the Association of Manitoba Museums; instructor for Brandon University, Manitoba; Director-Curator of the Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba, Brandon 1989-1999; Director Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery, Waterloo 2000-2003.
>>> ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Due to the fact that Mr. Rolf Schneider's and Mr. Gary Lamont's names have been mentioned several times on the internet in not very respectful way I decided to 'speak up' and defend their names and their involvment with issues in connection with authentic Norval Morrisseau's art pieces that came from their private collections at one time or another.
Mr. Gary Lamont a.k.a. Gary Bruce Thacky (Thunder Bay, Ontario) is an owner of the website www.woodlandartgallery.ca. He was a very close and very good friend of Norval Morrisseu who has always kept in high regard Norval Morrisseau from the very beginning of their relationship. Mr. Gary Lamont has a connection with the artist that goes back to the beginning of the 1980's and Norval Morrisseau was a family friend since the early 1960's (click HERE). All the paintings presented now and in the past on www.woodlandartgallery.ca are authentic pieces of art by Norval Morrisseau.
At the same time when I originally introduced Mr. Rolf Schneider I introduced individual that was selling paintings that originated from Mr. Schneider's and Mr. Lamont's collections - Mr. Anthony (Tony) Martinenko; art dealer from Winnipeg, Manitoba; who is an important element in describing many of the issues involving Norval Morrisseau's art that have been offered for sale all across Canada in the past decade. He took over art dealing activities from Alan (Al) R. Swanson (08/10/1947-11/05/1998) who dealt with paintings from Mr. Rolf Schneider's collection. Another individual introduced who sold many paintings that originated from the same source was Darcy Boylan (also deceased) from Thunder Bay, Ontario.
> Mr. Rolf Schneider acquired paintings for his collection from different sources one of which was Mr. David Voss who also supplied paintings for the Kahn Auction ('Randy Potter Estate Auctions') namely to Mr. Randy Potter (co-owner/auctioneer).
> Mr. Schneider's collection was one of the major sources of Norval Morrisseau's paintings that were supplied to different galleries all across Canada by Mr. Anthony Martinenko who supplied paintings even to Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery, Aldergrove, BC for many years (click HERE, HERE & HERE).
> Also, my first Norval Morrisseau's painting was purchased in Winter 1999-2000 from Mr. Anthony Martinenko who acquired it from Mr. Rolf Schneider (click HERE)!
>>> INVITATION TO ALL READERS:
There are many of you who possess important valuable information such as paintings, photographs and other printed/written materials which will greatly assist our common goal. I urge you to provide this information to me for public record. Norval Morrisseau has become one of Canada's greatest all time artists and is recognized for his importance Worldwide.
>>> Reference posts:
- Manipulative Nature of Gabor Vadas (Part I) /Ref.: Mr. Gary Lamont/,
- Norval Morrisseau Comparison Report (Part I) /Separated at Birth?/,
- Norval Morrisseau Comparison Report (Part I) /Revisited/,
~ The paintings presented in this post: "Encestral Elder", acrylic on canvas, 30"x22", © 1981 Norval Morrisseau (Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker's Private Collection); "Spirit Enclosed by a Serpent", acrylic on card, 40"x32", © 1975 Norval Morrisseau (Private Collection)