Thursday, October 22, 2009

Paper sets of Norval Morrisseau (Part IV) 2-4

-
- Norval Morrisseau's Prime Period [1970's]--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Untitled" (2-4), 11"x15", © 1970 Norval Morrisseau
-
-
"To accomplish what I have started and to die in it feeling I have fulfilled what I started - to reach a level where I and Manitou and the Indian will always keep the Indian faith alive - to be a great Artist and Preserver of Indian culture. I accept it fully as a duty in life which was set forth for, to set an example."
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-
-
-
Note: Each painting from the set had been individulay numbered and signed on the front /bottom/ with pencil by the artist.
-
-
* The acrylic painting on paper in this post: "Untitled", 2-4, 11"x15", © 1970 Norval Morrisseau /Private Collection/

No comments: