~ All paintings © by Norval Morrisseau
* THESE GENUINE NORVAL MORRISSEAU PAINTINGS, CERTIFIED BY FORENSIC SCIENCE, CONTINUE TO BE LABELED FORGERIES BY MR. RICHIE SINCLAIR ON HIS NOTORIOUS MALICIOUS WEBSITE
/All of these paintings were part of six court cases which over the period of seven years have never been able to successfully point out one case where it was proven that someone made, sold, distributed or even marketed one "fake" Norval Morrisseau painting - FOR MORE INFO SEE BELOW/
Critical scientific professional analysis has hit pay dirt once again! But leaves an agonizing conclusion that Norval Morrisseau, his manager Mr. Gabor Vadas and his wife Michele, were all in on a 'market conspiracy' to dismiss earlier works of art by the artist himself and to knock out the competition. Was Norval Morrisseau able to make any judgement for himself and that Mr. Vadas and his wife Michele acted on their own to take advantage of a frail man for their own personal gain? These affidavits were signed by Norval Morrisseau who was not of a sound mind and who supposedly made claim that artworks like these included in below listed documents were not painted by him?!
One of these sworn affidavits, sent to Mr. Gary Lamont, allegedly signed in the presence of a Notary Public would conveniently and mysteriously show up on the internet shortly after the death of Norval Morrisseau who passed away on December 4th 2007 (click HERE & HERE).
In this affidavit (click HERE) there was also presented a set of seven with fourteen signatures written by pencil on front and painted with a dry brush (DB) technique on the verso of each of the acrylic paintings on paper (SEE SEVEN IMAGES OF GENUINE NORVAL MORRISSEAU ARTWORKS ABOVE, BOTTOM ROW). These fourteen signatures have been positively identified to have been authored by Norval Morrisseau. These discoveries were conducted and documented by Full Time Forensic Document Examiner Mr. Kenneth J. Davies of 'Hawkeye Studios (Grapho-Lab® Services)' (Calgary, Alberta). This report is dated July 29th, 2011.
NOTE: This report has been generated for Ugo Matulić of Calgary, Alberta and is the first in a series of Forensic Reports done by Mr. Davies analyzing the Signatures on artworks done by Norval Morrisseau.
* These documents are from a series of allegedly signed Norval Morrisseau's sworn affidavits which involve the following galleries and/or individuals:
4. Bearclaw, Gallery, Edmonton, Alberta (click HERE);
NOTES: Ten of the paintings shown in the above "Genuine Norval Morrisseau Collage" are part of allegedly signed Norval Morrisseau's sworn affidavits which were sent to Artworld of Sherway, Gallery Sunami, Randy Potter Auctions and Mr. Gary Lamont.
All of the paintings presented above are part of the numerous court cases which have been appearing in Ontario court rooms since April 2007. Important note is that nobody has ever been successful in pointing out one case where it was proven that someone made, sold, distributed or even marketed one "fake" Norval Morrisseau painting.
Other paintings also certified by forensic science are number of paintings listed in allegedly signed Norval Morrisseau's sworn affidavit sent to Maslak McLeod Gallery from Toronto Ontario (click HERE).
~ It is important to note that these allegedly signed Norval Morrisseau's sworn affidavits were addressed to the main competitors of the principal Morrisseau dealers which were closely associated with Mr. Gabor Vadas and, for the last decade of his life, incapacitated Norval Morrisseau: Kinsman Robinson Galleries from Toronto, Ontario and Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove BC.
>>> In currently active court cases HEARN vs. MASLAK McLEOD GALLERY & McDERMOTT vs. MASLAK McLEOD GALLERY both, Mr. Hearn's and Mr. McDermott's opinions about autheniticity of their genuine Norval Morrisseau paintings came from no one else than Mr. Ritchie Sinclair of Toronto, Ontario - owner and operator of a notorious malicious website that claims that over 1,000 Morrisseau paintings - 99% of which he has never seen in person - are FORGERIES.
In one of his web posts, of October 23th, 2008, Mr. Sinclair candidly admitted as much, saying he was posting the images only “for inspiration and enjoyment.”
He stated further that, "With the exception of paintings that I witnessed painted or exhibited by Morrisseau I have no way of discerning whether the images shown here are all authentic Morrisseau originals." (click HERE).
"His (Ritchie Sinclair's) methodology in identifying forgeries  is clearly inadequate and suspect since he testified that he does not even view the original paintings before condemning them as fakes." (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 16; "Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway" /Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000/)
 - Mr. Ritchie Sinclair did not just label genuine Morrisseau paintings as forgeries... he had also labeled genuine Norval Morrisseau limited edition prints as "Inferior Prints" (click HERE).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Mr. Ritchie Sinclair allegedly states that his website is dedicated to the memory of Norval Morrisseau who he considers to be his "friend, mentor, brother, comrade, chum, hero, misfit and maestro." He also allegedly states that his notorious malicious website "brings the important issue of Morrisseau forgery proliferation into the public spotlight."
It is obvious that Mr. Sinclair is not interested at all in protecting his mentor's legacy as he continues to ignore the conclusive findings of the three top internationally recognized Forensic Document Examiners and Handwriting Experts from Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary (click HERE).
~ At least 40 paintings, certified by forensic science , continue to be maliciously labeled as FORGERIES on Mr. Sinclair's notorious malicious website... For .PDF screen grabs click 1. HERE, 2. HERE, 3. HERE, 4. HERE, 5. HERE, 6. HERE, 7. HERE, 8. HERE, 9. HERE, 10. HERE, 11. HERE, 12. HERE, 13. HERE, 14. HERE, 15. HERE, 16. HERE, 17. HERE, 18. HERE, 19. HERE, 20. HERE, 21. HERE, 22. HERE & 23. HERE.
 - The above presented genuine Norval Morrisseau artworks were examined and certified by the following Forensic Document Examiners and Handwriting Experts: Mr. Brian Lindblom of 'The Document Examination Consultants Inc.' (Ottawa, Ontario), Dr. Atul K. Singla of Worldwide Forensic Services Inc. (Toronto, Ontario) & Mr. Kenneth J. Davies of 'Hawkeye Studios (Grapho-Lab® Services)' (Calgary, Alberta).
>>> In these two above mentioned court cases HEARN vs. MASLAK McLEOD GALLERY & McDERMOTT vs. MASLAK McLEOD GALLERY the Plaintiffs' legal counsel, Mr. Jonathan Sommer, also represented the Plaintiff in a recent court case Hatfield, Margaret Lorraine vs. Child, Donna and Artworld of Sherway. This court case concluded with devastating consequences for the Plaintiff Ms. Margaret Hatfield of Sarnia, Ontario costing her more than $40,000 of her retirement money (click HERE for this landmark court decision* confirming the authenticity of thousands of Norval Morrisseau paintings).
Mr. Ritchie Sinclair is an individual whose alleged "efforts to identify Norval’s true artistic legacy" are recognized by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries ["AN EXAMINATION INTO THE AUTHENTICITY OF AN ALLEGED 1970'S NORVAL MORRISSEAU PAINTING" - EXPERT REPORT; September 10th, 2009; Page 74].
* - the Plaintiff's only witnesses in this related court case were Mr. Donald Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries and Mr. Ritchie Sinclair. Both, Mr. Robinson and Mr. Sinclair were discredited by the Paul J. Martial's judgement on April 2nd, 2013 (click HERE).
>> Other individuals, associated with Mr. Sinclair, who influenced Plaintiff's decision in HEARN vs. MASLAK McLEOD GALLERY were Mr. Mark Anthony Jacobson a.k.a. PEY-SIM-AWAY-APEY-BINASI, artist from Vancouver BC and Mr. Bryant Ross, director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove BC.
More information to follow...
After three years of investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Thunder Bay Police Service and after six court cases over the period of seven years nobody has ever been successful in pointing out one case where it was proven that someone made, sold, distributed or even marketed one "fake" Norval Morrisseau painting.
1.1 - Otavnik vs. Vadas SC 07-51428-00,
2.1 - Michael Moniz vs. CTV Globemedia Publishing Inc.,
3.1 - Drs. Browne and Witmer vs. Bearclaw Gallery,
4.1 - Otavnik vs. Sinclair SC 09-00082782-0000,
4.2 - CASE SUMMARY: Otavnik vs. Sinclair SC 09-00082782-0000,
5.1 - Hatfield vs. Child SC-09-087264-0000 &
6.1.- Kinsman Robinson Galleries vs. Ugo Matulic CV-10-417123.
~ In all of these court cases Forensic science have been used proving that paintings in question were signed by Norval Morrisseau and nobody else (click HERE and view posted paintings above).
Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker
- Forensic Document Examination (Part I), - Experts in Norval Morrisseau's Art (Part I) /Ref.: Mr. Joseph McLeod/, - "Norval Morrisseau: The Development of the Woodland School of Art", 2002, - Genuine Morrisseau paintings: Appraised, Authenticated and Forensically Analyzed..., - Norval Morrisseau authenticating his artworks, - Endorsement by Thunder Bay Art Gallery of genuine Morrisseau paintings from 1970's, - Authenticity Statement by Mr. Goyce Kakegamic, - Statutory Declaration by Mr. Robert Scott, - Statutory Declaration by Mr. Deiter John Voss, - Norval Morrisseau Declarations Are A Hoax /Michele and Gabor Vadas Exposed/ (Part I), - Norval Morrisseau Declarations Are A Hoax /Michele and Gabor Vadas Exposed/ (Part II), - Ugo Matulic wins $1,000,000 SLAPP suit against Kinsman Robinson Galleries (Part I), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part I), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part II), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part III), - Downloadable Norval Morrisseau Forensic Reports (Part IV) & - Hatfield, Margaret Lorraine vs. Child, Donna and Artworld of Sherway (Part IV).
~ As per decision of the SUPREME COURT OF CANADA (December 22, 2009), journalists and other media, including bloggers, will be protected from lawsuits if they diligently try to verify information on matters that are in the public interest (click HERE for more information and/or check NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG's DISCLAIMER @ the bottom of this page ). ~ -