Sunday, September 13, 2009

Man Changing Into Thunderbird (Part I)

-
- Norval Morrisseau's Prime Period [1970's]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

--
-
-
-
"Man Changing into Thunderbird"(1 of 6),
© 1977 Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/
-
-
"I can live anywhere. I can paint anywhere. I have painted six panels of the Man Who Changed Into a Thunderbird. All these paintings came from within. I don't need to isolate myself to do them. I can paint them here, there or anywhere. A pipe band could be going by, or cars."
-
Norval Morrisseau
-
-


* The painting in this post: "Man Changing into Thunderbird" (1 of 6), 60"x50", © 1977 Norval Morrisseau; originally published on page 140 of THE ART OF NORVAL MORRISSEAU ('Jack Pollock's Book') /Lister Sinclair, Jack Pollock, and Norval Morrisseau /; ISBN: 0-458-93820-3 /Toronto, Ontario: Methuen, 1979./ <Private Collection>

No comments: