Saturday, May 3, 2008

Universal Power of the Spirit

-
Ojibwa Prayer


-

Oh Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds
And whose breath gives life to everyone,
Hear me.
-
I come to you as one of your many children;
I am weak .... I am small ... I need your wisdom
and your strength.
-
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever
behold the red and purple sunsets
Make my hands respect the things you have made.
And make my ears sharp so I may hear your voice.
-
Make me wise, so that I may understand what you
have taught my people and
The lessons you have hidden in each leaf
and each rock.
-
I ask for wisdom and strength
Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able
to fight my greatest enemy, myself.
Make me ever ready to come before you with
clean hands and a straight eye.
So as life fades away as a fading sunset.
My spirit may come to you without shame.
-
/Author Unknown/
-
-
* "You Tube" presentation
-
* To view all "You Tube" presentations on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG click HERE.

No comments: